Who's your least favorite musical artist?
Jan 16, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #391 of 1,005
I absolutely hate "metal" bands such as Linkin Park, disturbed, Korn,  etc. Nu-metal oversaturated the market and forced good, talent-required metal along with crap metal into the same boat. I also hate the screamo/emo genre that has risen up over the years because of its sheer talentless musicians.

Away from that track, however, I also hate Disney-esque bands, most mainstream hip-hop/rap, and country.

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #392 of 1,005

Quote:
I absolutely hate "metal" bands such as Linkin Park, disturbed, Korn,  etc. Nu-metal oversaturated the market and forced good, talent-required metal along with crap metal into the same boat. I also hate the screamo/emo genre that has risen up over the years because of its sheer talentless musicians.

Away from that track, however, I also hate Disney-esque bands, most mainstream hip-hop/rap, and country.

Yeah, the whole emo scene is starting to piss me off. Like, it was ok to express yourself in high school, but I shouldn't be seeing adults dressed like scene kids. Even now at my University it's sad.

Jan 16, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #393 of 1,005
Agreed. I'm all fine for the angst music in Jr.high-High school, but after that, it's time to grow up. I can't stand seeing Korn perform anymore without laughing at the fact that they still pump out the same music.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #395 of 1,005

Quote:

At least Linkin Park knew and decided to move on and away from their nu-metal beginnings into something else entirely, which I personally like a lot. Korn is just a has-been band.

Jan 16, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #396 of 1,005
Quote:

At least Linkin Park knew and decided to move on and away from their nu-metal beginnings into something else entirely, which I personally like a lot. Korn is just a has-been band.

True, but if you give a listen to 1,000 Suns, they became a tad too radio rock. While the group went with a welcomed change, the overall tone, as well as the singing styles, left. Personally, I would have been fine if they reverted to their EP sound, but with the same thoughts and outlooks presented w/ MtM and 1-Suns.

Jan 16, 2011 at 11:21 PM Post #397 of 1,005

Quote:

Amen to that!!!!

Jan 16, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #398 of 1,005
Weezer... they had so much potential, but their new stuff is all terrible. I recently picked up Pinkerton and wondered how amazing it would be if they still made music like that 
confused_face.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #399 of 1,005
Yeah I like Eminem as well I just hated Recovery...funny some people thought this was one of his 'best' 
blink.gif

Jan 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #400 of 1,005

Quote:

The bands you listed are "Hard rock" 

But i still rather listening to rock/metal, than hip-hop... lol

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #402 of 1,005
It really depends. A lot of older hip hop / rap is actually very good. The 90s were the golden ages for hip hop. I can't stand any new hip hop today, though.

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #404 of 1,005

Quote:
If you say so.
blink.gif

Yeah, come on. I don't listen to Hip Hop at all, but even I recognize there are some good things out there.

It's like being atheist and saying "everyone who is a Christian is stupid". I know there are smarter Christians than me, with better reasons for being so than mine for being an atheist.
So just because you never found a Hip Hop track that you enjoy... or because Hip Hop just doesn't appeal you the least bit... don't disregard it, even if it it's majority is infimous in quality, because I can assure you there are rappers we never heard of doing musical projects more original than anything we could think. They're a really small portion, but they are out there, in some dude's basement =D

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #405 of 1,005
I am not saying anyones stupid or wrong, the thread is "your most hated" so that is my most hated that's all.  It seems poetry to me and on topics that I am not interested in.  In fact for me, lyrics in general are just a framework for the instrumentals, so can't say that I would enjoy anything that is poetry with a beat even if it was on a topic i cared about.  To each his/her own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back