Who's up for a piar of these WESC headphones?
Aug 28, 2008 at 6:04 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by dookiex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are mainstream phones. The styling isn't bad, no worse than the pastel coloured Audio Technica's. They don't sound all that great though, but then again, do you really expect mainstream cheapies to sound as good as studio monitoring/audiophile phones?

i have to say for the price i'd expect a lot more

Oct 5, 2008 at 11:44 AM Post #18 of 22
Headphones for fashion junkies??? If you looked at the specs of the different WeSC models, they are pretty much the same, prices are way different though! How can each model have the same frequency response???

I tired a pair a friend had and confirm they suck, sound very congested
frown.gif

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you looked at the specs of the different WeSC models, they are pretty much the same, prices are way different though! How can each model have the same frequency response???

i think you're right. basically form what i can see the Oboe, Bongo and Premium headphones are the same headphones. My Oboe's look like they're open because of the grill, but in fact, from what i can see they're closed.

Nov 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #20 of 22
Brands like Skullcandy and WeSC are intended for people who use headphones primarily as fashion accessories that happen to have the nice ability to play music. Their users talk about how to "rock the headphones" or "matching color schemes." Recommending Denon AH-D1001K's or ATH-M50's to this lot is fairly pointless. Why these people come to Head-fi and ask our opinion on these products eludes me, but I assume that these people are just as bemused with the audiophile bunch talking about "sibilance" or "shielding," all the while blowing a couple mortgage payments on what seems to be shiny wires.

Oh, and for those who can't see that image: Grande Headphones by Boosted | Doobybrain.com

Note: It's 70 DOLLARS??? WOW. Oh, and that color scheme caused me to chortle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back