Who's studying for finals?!
May 3, 2008 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

sebastian589

500+ Head-Fier
I finished one off today! I have five remaining: two on Monday, two on Tuesday and one for Wednesday.

Who else is enjoying the subtle science and exact art of finals preparation. I for one can't get enough of it!

May 3, 2008 at 6:16 AM Post #2 of 33
good for you, enjoying finals. thats the way it should be.

however, its gonna have to be a -1 for me. High school is a breeze.

Im actually not enjoying high school though. I cant wait until college, or even better, med school, when i actually learn about stuff i care about.

May 3, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 33
if we were REALLY studying, we wouldn't be posting on here
tongue.gif

good luck!!

May 3, 2008 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 33
x2 Rednamalas1

I always have to go unplug my router before studying, so I don't get swayed into going back online...

I just found out that studying is actually fun, it's just getting around to initiating a good study time is most difficult.

May 3, 2008 at 7:15 AM Post #5 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 Rednamalas1

I always have to go unplug my router before studying, so I don't get swayed into going back online...

I just found out that studying is actually fun, it's just getting around to initiating a good study time is most difficult.

Yup, internet doesn't help at all.
I actually like studying as well (yes, I'm one of those weird ones). So I don't mind choosing research as my career.
I need music (without lyric - mostly post-rock and classical) and computer without internet to study.

May 3, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by qspeedss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im actually not enjoying high school though. I cant wait until college, or even better, med school, when i actually learn about stuff i care about.

be careful of what you wished for, you might not like it
eek.gif

May 3, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #7 of 33
I only have one left (nuclear/particle physics). Already wrote classical mechanics, EM waves and real analysis finals in the last two weeks.

May 3, 2008 at 9:00 AM Post #8 of 33
I have 4 exams, all within the next 2 weeks. Instead of the mountain of revision I NEED to be undertaking, however, I am doing anything but revision.

For instance, today I am involved in a performance of Verdi Requiem. A busy and exciting life, but hardly exam-compatible...

May 3, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #10 of 33
currently studying for A-levels. have 5 exams on the same day, in total 6 hours of writing. and none of them are easy maths, either econ or chem. so taht 6 hours of almost continous writing. *sigh*

May 3, 2008 at 10:55 AM Post #11 of 33
I have only one final in Process Control. Fortunately I am so resigned to my fate as a burnout that I couldn't give two $h1ts about my performance on the test (although I'll probably do fine regardless). I am honestly saving myself for when I start working next year, so that I actually have some juice left for a successful career. It's kind of a shame that I'm not really stable enough to attempt a Ph.D, but I know what grad school in a hard science or engineering can do to students, so I'm not going down that road.

May 3, 2008 at 12:50 PM Post #12 of 33
1 yesterday, 1 on Monday.

May 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #13 of 33
Three finals.... plus three group projects.... all in the same week....

May 3, 2008 at 4:09 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just finished most of my Midterms...we are on the trimester system. I will not be done until the 14th of June.

I have my last midterm on Tuesday.

I feel your pain. My last final is June 12th. Though my last midterm is sometime at the end of May.

I have two next week, then a week off, then two more and then one more and then two weeks without midterms and then finals...

May 3, 2008 at 4:19 PM Post #15 of 33
Last one's on tuesday for me, with one on monday... can't wait for summer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back