Who's excited for HALO 2!
Oct 31, 2004 at 9:17 PM Post #3 of 29
I was a huge Halo 1 fan, then I played the French version of Halo 2 and to say the least I was majorly disappointed. I know they told everyone the pistol was going to be weakened and such, but it just doesn't feel them same. I actually cancelled my Halo 2 reservation.

Oct 31, 2004 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 29
LOL, perhaps we could start a buddy list here for playing Halo 2 with people here.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Oct 31, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 29
I never found Halo to be the end-all-be-all that it was touted as (Half-Life and System Shock 2 are still better story-oriented FPSs, and multiplay, while fun, is still no Tribes 2). As such, I'll probably wait for the PC port of Halo 2 (if it ever comes) and pick that up... or when I finally get around to getting an Xbox (I want to play Ninja Gaiden, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and GunValkyrie) and it's dropped to $30 or less.

Now, when's Half-Life 2 being released...

~KS

Oct 31, 2004 at 10:49 PM Post #8 of 29
I would be if I had an Xbox. I'll just ask one of my friends about it.

One friend is taking the 10th off school to play it.

Oct 31, 2004 at 11:22 PM Post #9 of 29
If I had Xbox Live, I'd have a copy reserved right now. But I'll end up picking up a copy sooner or later, just to have around for house parties and such. Halo's a great party game as it is, so with improved multiplayer modes, Halo 2 could become an addiction.

Nov 1, 2004 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, perhaps we could start a buddy list here for playing Halo 2 with people here.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Thats a great idea, but one rule. You have to play the game wearing headphones.
600smile.gif

I am going to get Xbox live just for this game, but I need to find the cheapest solution.

Any suggestions.

Nov 1, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna
600smile.gif

I am going to get Xbox live just for this game, but I need to find the cheapest solution.

Any suggestions.

Not sure how I'd strap the XBox Live headset to my R10's.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Nov 1, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #12 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna

Canalphones and either a mono source or a rig that has a balance setting... Pantera, Slayer, S.O.D. and Halo 2 would mix very well...

Quote:

Any suggestions.

What do you mean by cheapest solution? Splitting the Internet connection, or paying for Xbox Live itself?

Nov 1, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep
Canalphones and either a mono source or a rig that has a balance setting... Pantera, Slayer, S.O.D. and Halo 2 would mix very well...

What do you mean by cheapest solution? Splitting the Internet connection, or paying for Xbox Live itself?

Splitting the connection. Xbox live stuff I just have to get off ebay. Plus Halo 2 comes with 2 months free.

I have a usb modem so that poses the biggest problem. Xbox.com suggest internet connection sharing, but I want to know how much of a performance hit I am going to take if I use it. All in all I think I can get on Xb Live for less than $40 canadian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back