Whoa... Check this out!
Feb 23, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #16 of 55
That's the thing... when it comes to sound, I don't necessarily think newer is better. let us observe recording quality over the years, especially of POP music... it sounds so very 'digital' and compressed to me. Now granted, this is kind of the desired effect, but some of the great stuff recorded in the 70's sounds amazing. It has a certain depth/dimensionality to it that you don't get in recordings as much nowadays (unless its some obscure jazz label, or the rare well recorded album). But anyway, the senns aren't from the 70's, but compared to the more modern 650's per se, they show a certain effortless musicality + depth not just in width but in height and also seemingly 'into' the listener. It is something to hear.

Neil

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #17 of 55
Wow, I wish that happened to me. Why do you think they sent it to you? How did they get your address? Congrats man.

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:32 AM Post #18 of 55
Those headphones look so great! I'm really sorry to say I don't know much about the topic, but they look so shiny!
tongue.gif
in your free time can you send me a message and tell me the three things you like the most about them. thanks

Feb 23, 2006 at 8:37 AM Post #20 of 55
She actually came with the box! Hahaha LOL. I'll post a pick of the cat. She's the real beauty behind the whole system. Cute and Curious Papadoo!

mycats.jpg

My cats [luckily] get along really well. And apparently, they are all audiophiles! Pepper (Papadooo) (grey cat) likes to come in and go up near the bass and chill out whenever I'm in the theatre. Oreo (guess which one that is) is kind of the alpha cat... he lays down the law.

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:20 AM Post #23 of 55
so that's where my Orpheus package went.
very_evil_smiley.gif

nice system Neil. can't wait to hear it and compare it to my HE90 and Blue Hawaii in a few days.

Feb 23, 2006 at 9:50 AM Post #25 of 55
Not bad getting a $15,000 Orpheus deliverd, ok dude spill the beans, anyone who "accidently" delivers that sort of hardware to a house would come back for it.

Feb 23, 2006 at 2:47 PM Post #30 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 commandments
10th Commandment; Verse 17 "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

Looks like you live far enough away...[size=xx-small]iwantiwantiwantiwantiwant[/size]
-g

Users who are viewing this thread

Back