who wears their grado's in public?
Nov 8, 2005 at 7:29 AM Post #46 of 57
I'm always taking out my grado sr60's now. Felt damn great doing it
icon10.gif
Did get a few stares though. I agree the cord isn't the best but it's manageable.

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:35 AM Post #47 of 57
Grado's also work good as ear muffs
rs1smile.gif
keeping my ears warm on the early morning walks to class.

Nov 8, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by allenf
Hmm...how do you get on (isolation wise) with the London Transport noises?
<Strokes chin & contemplates Grado earwarmers this winter>

Frankly, as far as isolation goes, they're pants. Fantastic on my walks to and from the station, but the metropolitan line makes the nice noises go away apart from at earth-shattering volumes that I am not prepared to shove into my ears.

If you want isolation, don't buy grado. Having said that, my SR60 and comfies does make a fantastic ear warmer, maybe a bit too fantastic in the summer months!

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #49 of 57
My Grado sr60s are my outside phones now, while the HF-1s will be strictly indoor when they arrive. I normally only take the streetcar which is fine with open headphones because its not to noisy.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #50 of 57
Well i can only wear my EX71's outside, as my grado's have died AGAIN. I had them in repair about a month ago when the right driver died. Same driver just died again today, and iv made a real hash trying to get the transducer out, so i can replace it when i find a replacement.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I sent an e-mail to grado, to see how much a repair would be, as iv only had them about 4 months, but have modified them, and made the inside of the earcup look like it's had a bomb detonated in it
blink.gif

I wish i didn't have to wait a month for my HF-1's
mad.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #51 of 57
i use my 325i w/414 senn pads(not dyed
tongue.gif
) as portable sometimes, its a bit on the heavy side though, so It stay at home most of the time.

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:05 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
The precious HF-1 stays at home, unmodified.

The RS-1 got its cord shortened and a 3.5mm mini plug attached for portable/mobile duty.

Dude, I thought *I* was hardcore, cutting down my 225s and swapping a 3.5 mini!!!

You did that to an RS1...?

That's why I never went for the HF1. I figured the only way it would get any ear time was in my portable kit, and I didn't want to cut it down.

Do you listen to the HF1 at home, or is it more of a collector's piece?

Andy

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:08 PM Post #54 of 57
I wear my cut down 225s for walking errands, subway. Really it depends on the situation. If I'm going to work a catering gig, then I probably don't want to have to stuff the G's in my backpack and risk damage, so I substitute the E5 or ER4s. The latter two I use exclusively for biking errands or commutes.

Andy

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:09 PM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acidice
How do you guys deal with the cord? I would gladly wear them outside if the massive cord didn't get in the way.

One word: Beltloops.

That's right, just wrap the cord around your waist and march along singing!

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #56 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKatz
Dude, I thought *I* was hardcore, cutting down my 225s and swapping a 3.5 mini!!!

You did that to an RS1...?

That's why I never went for the HF1. I figured the only way it would get any ear time was in my portable kit, and I didn't want to cut it down.

Do you listen to the HF1 at home, or is it more of a collector's piece?

Andy

Here's my RS-1 with shortened cord and 3.5mm plug along with the HD595, which also has a shortened cord and 3.5mm plug. With extensions and 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapters, both headphones can handle mobile and home duties.

The HF-1 stays home and I use it often.

HD595RS-1cables.jpg

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:48 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyKatz
Dude, I thought *I* was hardcore, cutting down my 225s and swapping a 3.5 mil
Andy

I was considering doing that myself as I rarely use my home set cdp anymore and 99% of my listening is portable. Wonder if I could find a brick & mortar joint to make the switch and avoid shipping them anywhere. It just never stops, does it? People are used to eccentric behavior from me, hate to disappoint them.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back