who wears their grado's in public?
Nov 6, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #2 of 57
I wear my SR60 in public sometimes. I feels quite normal actually since I usually wear my A500 in public, and that gets more stares from strangers.
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #4 of 57
Ive worn my 80's out...I love the retro look.
I dont wear em out anymore solely cuz I want to keep them in pristine condition.

Nov 6, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #6 of 57
Soon perhaps. Looks aren't an issue in NYC as I'd probably have to wear a Hummer on my head for folks to notice. Hard to get past that cord though and open cans don't work well in the noisy city environment. Hmm, maybe I'll give 'em a shot this week, wear 'em to the polls.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #10 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by schwarzenneger
on a scale from 1 to 10,10 being the loudest how would you rate the sound leakage while wearing your grado's?

i think it depends on the volume you listen at, i kept my unamped iPod at about half and asked everyone and they told me they could hear nothing.

Nov 6, 2005 at 11:24 PM Post #12 of 57
what's stated above looks like a quote from: "harold and kuhmar go to white castle"
Great movie!
but, on a scale from 1 to 10 I give them a 9. Haven't heard any headphones leak more then they do (in & out).
I wear them rarely in public, because you need to turn the volume pretty far up.
You can do it, but be carefull with the volume.

Nov 6, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #14 of 57
I use to wear ms1s and then sr325s publicly. The only real problems were the big cable, insane sound leakage, and uh . . . possible hearing damage. The sr-325s were so addictive that I got tinnitus from them.

No one ever said anything about the aesthetics other than the "those are big" type responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back