Who want's Stereophile?
Jan 23, 2004 at 2:15 PM Post #32 of 59
Yes, I got your PM. Didn't you get your email yet? Sorry, please send me your email again, I had to delete PMs because by PM box was getting full, maybe I deleted yours before I sent and email...
frown.gif
Sorry.

Jan 23, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #33 of 59
Anyone wants to buy a **** load of Stereophile back issues make me an offer and their yours. I've got almost the complete run of FI too. They're taking up space I'd rather use for books and CDs, although I suppose I could also stick them up in my attick to be discovered by my grandchildren, or make my house burn down faster if it ever catches.

Jan 24, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #36 of 59
Quote:

Originally posted by tortie
Yes, I got your PM. Didn't you get your email yet? Sorry, please send me your email again, I had to delete PMs because by PM box was getting full, maybe I deleted yours before I sent and email...
frown.gif
Sorry.

Resent PM.

Jan 28, 2004 at 5:54 AM Post #37 of 59
This Zinio digital magazine concept is killer IMHO! I could literally think of a million things that I can do to save physical space both in my bedroom & HDD and still get my favorite magazines on time! All magazines should be like this in the near future. Hell, even periodical journals should embrace this concept!

Feb 27, 2004 at 3:11 PM Post #44 of 59
Quote:

Any more takers?

sure ,why not

PM

Quote:

This Zinio digital magazine concept is killer IMHO! I could literally think of a million things that I can do to save physical space both in my bedroom & HDD and still get my favorite magazines on time! All magazines should be like this in the near future. Hell, even periodical journals should embrace this concept!

i still like my "hard copies"

EDN Mag (Electronic Design Magazine) recently gave a choice between snail mail hard copy or electronic delivery and after a test drive of the paperless mag i went back to normal magazine.

the individual articles are usually available for download in pdf anyway so i get the best of both

Even data sheets , product announcemnts , application notes from the semiconductor manufacturers , audio equipment manuals
(I still have a copy of the Wheatfield USB DAC and the Grado Home theater Headphones cut sheets ,two products as far as i know never were produced) I like to have in my hand for reading anywhere instead of being tied to my computer

But the future is paperless and for those with limited space or who move around a lot it is the ideal.An extensive library can be put on a CDROM that would take up a closet if paper !

plus you never have to worry about "lost in the mail" or tore up magazines , something i hate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back