Who uses Ultrasones because of health considerations?
Apr 28, 2007 at 8:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Just curious who uses (or at least was tempted to try ) Ultrasones because of the whole ULE technology (up to 98% radiation shielding) or rated 40% (3-4dB) drop in sound pressure levels (with S-Logic)?

Apr 28, 2007 at 8:53 PM Post #2 of 55
Exactly what kind of radiation are they talking about? Alpha? Beta? Gamma? Microwave? Radio? Neutron emissions? I didn't know headphones suffered from those kinds of problems.

And if I want to reduce the sound pressure level, I'll just turn the volume down.

Apr 28, 2007 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 55
the ULE "technology" is snake oil. electromagnetic radiation is non-ionizing. And at audio frequencies and headphone power levels, almost nonexistant.

In fact, it's strictly because of the "ULE Technology" that i don't have any respect at all for Ultrasone as a company.

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 55
Ahahaha health reasons.

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:24 PM Post #5 of 55
Does using my closed Prolines so that my girlfriend doesn't get angry count?
wink.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 55
One of the biggest selling arguments for me was that I would be able to play them at lower volume and still get loudness. Many headphones loose lot of their intensity when you turn the volume down I feel my Proline 750 do a decent job with it. You can of course crank them up to high you have to be careful of course.

As for electromagnetic fields. We laugh a bit now but we are test rabbits. In a generation or two they will know better how much we suffer from our headphones, cars with bad protection from EMI, headphones and such
smily_headphones1.gif

Then people may laugh at our ignorance if it´s indead causes cancer and such
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:19 PM Post #7 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for electromagnetic fields. We laugh a bit now but we are test rabbits. In a generation or two they will know better how much we suffer from our headphones, cars with bad protection from EMI, headphones and such
smily_headphones1.gif

Then people may laugh at our ignorance if it´s indead causes cancer and such
biggrin.gif

We're at least a few generations into that test.

Granted, our use of high-frequency stuff has increased a lot during this generation, we're talking AF here.

Frankly, S-Logic sounds bose-ish but plausible to me. The whole radiation angle makes me believe that the management is either dishonest or lacking in technical acumen.

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #9 of 55
The amount of normal radiation levels a headphone creates is so abysmal that it really doesn't affect you at all. It's basically just marketing mumbo-jumbo that Ultrasone tries to slam into your brain in order to make their products sound more advanced.

Apr 28, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 55
Well, I, for one, never listen to my headphones without my tinfoil hat securely in place, so Ultrasone's claims provide no incentive for me.

On a serious note, though, one of the reasons why I am really considering picking up a PROline 750 is because of the claims that they provide better sound at lower volumes than most headphones do. It's not a big factor, but considering the results of my hearing test the other day, it's certainly appealing.

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #11 of 55
Yea, that is the reason I am getting the UE9...right! Good story for my wife if she would believe it.

Apr 29, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #12 of 55
i think we should be caring more about cell phone radiation than headphone radiation

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #13 of 55
Well listening the music in an unproper way implies to me a serious health risk, so taking that into consideration, I use them becasue of serious health consideration.....
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #14 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trippytiger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On a serious note, though, one of the reasons why I am really considering picking up a PROline 750 is because of the claims that they provide better sound at lower volumes than most headphones do.

From my experience and *to my ears* they are no different in that respect from any other headphones. There is nothing in so called *S-Logic* that makes them somewhat distinguished. The whole thing is just another marketing made up.
They are okay mid-fi headphones, that's it. A900, AKG-K271S, DT770 level.
Some prefer A900 over them, myself personally K271S. Only difference is that contenders run at the fraction of Proline $399 MSRP. For $200-ish used they are a good value though, ... if you can live with some anomalies of their sound signature.

Apr 29, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #15 of 55
It's interesting that most everyone interprets Ultrasone to mean that the headphones sound better at lower volumes than others. IME, I've found that I can listen to my Proline 750's at higher volume settings, and yet not get fatigued or feel like my ears are being blasted out in an unhealthy manner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back