Who took advantage of the K601 from Headroom for $89?
Nov 30, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #76 of 99
lol

I'm heading to get AD500 instead now.
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #77 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by ph0rk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't blame them - a realtime inventory updating system would be pricy, to say the least, and they aren't really a high volume dealer, so it probably isn't necessary save for bizarre situations like this.

couldn't agree more.
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:37 PM Post #78 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just had too much confidence in them, but look at the bright side, if both K701/K601 are discontinued, that means we'll have something new real soon?
biggrin.gif

I hope not, my wallet can't withstand firepower of that magnitude.

I wish they'd give me my cancellation so I can move on
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #79 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by WittyzTH /img/forum/go_quote.gif
here's the clarification.

Actually, I'm ok with this. It's in holiday and hard to manage the site in order to satisfy customers.

Yeah, I just got that same email. Actually, that makes a lot of sense, and I don't blame them in the least. Still a very good, reputable company in my eyes!
wink.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 12:32 AM Post #82 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by SundayDuffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got an email also.
Order #98111 CANCELLED.

I understand that the merchant has the rights to cancel orders. But i still think "It's WRONG"....oh well, prolly wont visit their site again.

I think that it's completely fair, and that they have done nothing wrong. Upon reflecting on the matter, I don't think that we should have assumed on-the-fly stock count updates for an online merchant. It may seem to us that it would be easy enough to implement, but I gather that if it were that easy (or cheap), they would have done it already, for they would have no reason not to.

I view this as simply a matter of the server not updating the stock count quickly enough for our grubby little mittens. Not their fault, not ours... not even the computer's, really.

We've still got our money. No harm, no foul. I plan on looking for deals on their website again. Jorge was very friendly and understanding in his emails, and I still think that they run a fine company over there.

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:28 AM Post #86 of 99
Well I guess I'll play the role of the grouchy old b*stard, because I'm the kind of guy who expects my order to be honored since it was accepted by their system.
The cancelation email upset me and I imagine it upset others. I think it's a bad practice to let your customers down like that. I think a better system should have been in place, or a different way to run the sale should have been found.

I feel cheated.

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #87 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that it's completely fair, and that they have done nothing wrong. Upon reflecting on the matter, I don't think that we should have assumed on-the-fly stock count updates for an online merchant. It may seem to us that it would be easy enough to implement, but I gather that if it were that easy (or cheap), they would have done it already, for they would have no reason not to.

I view this as simply a matter of the server not updating the stock count quickly enough for our grubby little mittens. Not their fault, not ours... not even the computer's, really.

We've still got our money. No harm, no foul. I plan on looking for deals on their website again. Jorge was very friendly and understanding in his emails, and I still think that they run a fine company over there.

Im just sad i dont get my k601. I was looking forward to it all day yesterday and today. Back to the original game plan i guess. k272hd. I wonder if there will be a k602? They didnt steal my money so I guess its all good

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #88 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well...at least you have an explanation on your email.
This is what i got from them:

"Your order has been marked invalid in our system, and is now cancelled. Your order has been cancelled due to credit or shipping problems, a request made by you to cancel the order.....blah blah blah on how to contact stuff"

First of, the credit card transaction went thru..not sure if it's been cashed.
Secondly, I never requested to cancel my order.

It would have been cool with me if they just say.."sorry our system made a mistake.."

Anyhow..whatever!!!!!!

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #89 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I guess I'll play the role of the grouchy old b*stard, because I'm the kind of guy who expects my order to be honored since it was accepted by their system.
The cancelation email upset me and I imagine it upset others. I think it's a bad practice to let your customers down like that. I think a better system should have been in place, or a different way to run the sale should have been found.

I feel cheated.

The fact is that they can't honor the order, because there aren't any headphones left. They only had a few to sell, and those were sold to the first few who noticed the deal. They can't honor a deal on a product that they can't send us.

Dec 1, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #90 of 99
Quote:

Originally Posted by SundayDuffer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First of, the credit card transaction went thru..not sure if it's been cashed.
Secondly, I never requested to cancel my order.

Unfortunately, in this situation, it doesn't matter if you canceled your order or not: it had to be canceled for each of us, because there were no headphones left to send to us.

Personally, I'm glad that they canceled my order... I would have been a lot more upset if they didn't, and then sent me an empty box in the mail!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back