Who thinks Dr. Dre doesn't actually listen to Beats?
Sep 4, 2015 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

goodyfresh

Headphoneus Supremus
Anybody?  This idea just struck me.  That when he's in the privacy of his own home, Dr. Dre probably listens to anything BUT his own company's headphones
tongue.gif
  I mean, whether or not the headphones he makes (except teh Solo 2) are crap, he himself is a legendary producer and rapper who definitely knows the difference between good and bad sound.

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #3 of 23
HAHA interesting subject but I would agree with you, I HIGHLY doubt he listens to his own product (if he does actually want accurate audio that is)

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 23
  HAHA interesting subject but I would agree with you, I HIGHLY doubt he listens to his own product (if he does actually want accurate audio that is)

I mean dude, the guy's job, for years, besides recording his vocals for songs, has been to mix and master stuff in the studio, right?  So he must know as well as anyone in the audiophile community that the Beats "Studio," for example, ARE NOT ACTUALLY STUDIO HEADPHONES!  Lol
cool.gif

I mean guys, guys.  I am listening to the album The Chronic (the original one from 1992) right this very moment.  Earlier today I listened to some N.W.A.  And it is OBVIOUS to me that Dr. Dre certainly knows good sound-quality from bad, if he's able to produce rap/hip-hop which sounds so damn good!  So I dunno what his problem is that he would go and put his name on such inferior headphones (again, except for the Solo 2, which are actually awesome).

I bet that when he's in his own house, he listens to some Sennheisers or AKG's, or something really high-end like HiFiMan or Audeze planars or some STAX :p

Sep 5, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 23
This is an interesting idea! I would like to think that Dr. Dre knows his headphones aren't "studio" quality; he probably only endorses them for the money. (Can't blame him!)

Also an-i-no, I love that pic haha

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #7 of 23
  Isn't there a picture of this somewhere??

EDIT 

LMAO, those are NOT Beats, bwahahahahahah =-P  Although I can't seem to immediately identify them at a glance. . .what ARE those headphones?

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #9 of 23
They appear to be Audio Technica ATH-M50, though there's some strange lighting occurring around the headband.

Sep 5, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #11 of 23
I agree they look like M50, but what is that white thing on the headband??

I think it might just be a reflection of the light off the plastic or something?

Sep 5, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #13 of 23
they are just selling them for money. they defo sound better than your smartphone buds though so thats why they are able to sell but defo worse than many stuff out there. he probably used them for a week or two and got tired of them. he has lots of money he can buy any earphone he wants

Sep 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #14 of 23
they are just selling them for money. they defo sound better than your smartphone buds though so thats why they are able to sell but defo worse than many stuff out there. he probably used them for a week or two and got tired of them. he has lots of money he can buy any earphone he wants

He probably usess like the Abyss 1266 or the STAX SR-009 at home, or something like that.  haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back