Who streams internet radio at work?
Nov 4, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last.fm! I like it, check it out.

X2, you gotta check it out, especially if your getting tired of your current playlist.
Highly recommended.

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by yashicaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would your IT boys frown upon streaming? Is it the use of bandwidth? No problem in my world (but we are so slow, it can be painful). I often listen to the BBC world service and BBC1 at work via internet.

Yes, they claim that the bandwidth gets used up. I'm sure that if everybody decided to stream at once (we have about 100 employees) that the internet line would come to a crawl ... but hey, I just wanna listen to my tunes!!!!

Nov 5, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I help manage the largest digital audio collection on the planet. I can access any of it from my desk at XM. To give you an idea of the size, we've got 149 different versions of Oye Como Va.

I think we've got close to 12 petabytes right now, and that's expanding daily.

So no. I don't stream audio at work.

Hey man,

So you work at XM in DC? That's very cool. Is it a good place to work?

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:42 AM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stream di.fm all day long,

ditto that. di.fm (trance channel) keeps me sane at work and i stream it while studying at home too.

Nov 5, 2008 at 8:31 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylexus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey man,

So you work at XM in DC? That's very cool. Is it a good place to work?

I actually work for the company who created XM's media asset management system. I'm based out of XM, but I do work for several other TV and radio stations around the world who use our software. I'm thankful I don't work for XM because folks are getting laid off left and right due to the merger with Sirius.

and Last.FM is AMAZING.

Nov 6, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnylexus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just started a new job. I love to stream music into my office during the day ... ambient stuff ... Soma fm ... Hearts of space.com .... etc etc.

Got another one for you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back