Who sells / builds modified O2 amps?
Dec 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Soundwave76

100+ Head-Fier
I have been searching this topic for a while without results. I would like to buy / order a custom O2 amp with minor modifications. The biggest mod would be the addition of line-out and a toggle switch for it between it and headphones.

If there are experiences DIYers here who would be willing to build me one, do let me know. Thanks all in advance! :)

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:27 PM Post #3 of 10
They seem to offer only a gain modification. Do you know if they implement others as well?

Dec 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 10
Not as far as I know, but contact them direct.

What do you mean by line out? You can easily arrange for a constant voltage (-10dBV) from a constant impedance (100-600 ohms) via an adapter (series resistor) to the headphone socket and a known volume setting.

w

Dec 30, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #6 of 10
I have working O2 board without enclosure. I can make amp with mods for you, if you want.
I have too many headphone amps anyway:)

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #7 of 10
Thanks all for your help and PMs! I will next try to build the standard O2 myself and if I like the sound, I will then start the O2 modification process.

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #8 of 10
Of course, amp building is great fun, and you can make amp in configuration best suited for your needs.
I just misunderstand from your posts, you search someone who can built amp for you.
Enjoy your amp building and happy New Year!

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #9 of 10
  I have been searching this topic for a while without results. I would like to buy / order a custom O2 amp with minor modifications. The biggest mod would be the addition of line-out and a toggle switch for it between it and headphones.

If there are experiences DIYers here who would be willing to build me one, do let me know. Thanks all in advance! :)

Don't know if this what you're quite looking for, but I did find this place in Switzerland: http://www.headnhifi.com/

They sell modded O2 amps and I'm thinking of getting one of their kits so I can roll my own version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back