Who says the AD700s lack bass?
May 20, 2013 at 8:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iemmustiane

100+ Head-Fier
So I ordered both a set of AD700s and a set of Samson Sr850s(Superlux HD668b).

I was expecting there to be close to no bass on the AD700's however I was surprised. The bass is nice and tight. I wish it was a bit more impactful, but it's still good to my ears. The bass on the SR850s is more present than the AD700s, however I find them more overwhelming then the AD700s is underwhelming.

May 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 6
It's all about personal preference and brain conditioning. I have a friend who is working at a nightclub as a DJ; he's been there for at least 4 years now. He can't listen to anything except Beats because his hearing simply filter out most of the bass.

As for me, I was okay with the AD700 until I listened to a real subwoofer. Now everything simply lacks the low end. Now when I do headphone listening, I always have a sub running simultaneously.

May 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 6
Hmm, you might be right, it might all just be preference. On my speaker system I tend to turn the bass knob only 40% up. I might just be a person who prefers lighter bass. But some people say that these headphones don't have any bass at all which I find to be an absurd claim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back