Who makes/sells 2-pin 0.78mm IEM connectors?
Jul 18, 2018 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

shrimants

1000+ Head-Fier
I have no idea how to search mouser/digikey for this part.

Also, is there someone that sells a microphone/inline play/pause remote type of module? I'm thinking of making a few cables for myself, as I cant seem to find any that cost a reasonable amount.

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 5
im finding a ton of fully built cables of dubious quality, pretty much none with an inline mic/remote, and im finding single pairs of connectors but nothing that lets you order in bulk like with mouser/digikey.

I'm kind of understanding why some cables are 50-80 bucks now, given the connector they use is like 10 bucks by itself, the headphone jack probably another 10-20 bucks, and the inline mic would cost at least a few bucks. Not to mention the cost of the wire they use.

I just wanted to build myself something cheap.

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #4 of 5
That's likely the only place you would find something like that... it's effectively like ebay for cheap electronics from China. I've ordered bulk parts from them before, but I recommend putting a small order in first so you can ascertain the quality. It is very hit or miss. You could get a cheap/used cable and salvage the mic/remote. I've repaired existing cables by opening up the units and soldering new wires to the PCB, then reassembling.

If you want to put in a true bulk order just go to the parent company Alibaba... although unless you are a manufacturer I'm not sure why that would be desired.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 5
Its not so much that im looking for a bulk deal, its that i'm looking for an actual parts supplier or a first party company. Like i found Eidolic, but they want like 10 freakin bucks for a connector, plus more money for all the other parts you'd need to finish building the cable.

It doesnt sit right with me using a 100 dollar cable with a 300 dollar IEM, especially because all i really want is a microphone/remote button. Right now it seems my best bet is to order a prebuilt cable from someone who uses the 2-pin 0.78mm connector. From what I can tell, JH13 and JH16 (old model) use it. I think 1964 ears does but it doesnt mention specs on their site. noble uses it, but thats an 80 dollar cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back