Who loves their current setup?
Aug 2, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #61 of 77
I can say I love my set up. I copied and paste my signature
Headphones.......Kennerton Rognir Bubinga, ZMF Verite Open LTD Camphor Burl, Snorry NM-1 Rosewood, OLLO Audio S4R, B&O H6 Mk 2, Earsonics S-EM9, TFZ Live 1, TFZ Live 3
Amps......PrimaLuna EVO 300 Integrated, Wells Audio Dragon Level II
DAC......Rockna Wavelight....Streamer .....Lumin U1 Mini.....Portable...LG V60, FIIO BTR5, iFi Hip Dac
Turntable......VPI Prime (gimbal tonearm) with Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star ES...Phono Stage.......Gold Note PH-10 and PSU-10
Speakers....Lawrence Audio Violin SE, Naim Muso 2, Elac Discovery Z3, Mass Fidelity Core with Sub

Aug 2, 2021 at 8:55 PM Post #62 of 77
I envy some of you who can have so many gears in possession and keep rolling them. I am fairly satisfied with my current gear and are actually planning to cut down the possession.

Chord Hugo2 - Topping A90 - ZMF Verite Closed (stay), LCD-X (50/50), Hifiman Sundara (to let go), Senn HD650 (keep for life)

Aug 2, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #63 of 77
I envy some of you who can have so many gears in possession and keep rolling them. I am fairly satisfied with my current gear and are actually planning to cut down the possession.

Chord Hugo2 - Topping A90 - ZMF Verite Closed (stay), LCD-X (50/50), Hifiman Sundara (to let go), Senn HD650 (keep for life)
Well your system doesn't suck my friend. I would definitely enjoy listening to your setup as well.

Aug 2, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #64 of 77
Well your system doesn't suck my friend. I would definitely enjoy listening to your setup as well.
Thanks! You own many lovely pairs of can and I bet those woods look stunning! Bubinga, Camphor Burl, Rosewood.. I am a sucker when come to rare wood..

Aug 3, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #65 of 77
Thanks! You own many lovely pairs of can and I bet those woods look stunning! Bubinga, Camphor Burl, Rosewood.. I am a sucker when come to rare wood..
Yes me as well. I love wood headphones.

Aug 5, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #68 of 77
Hmm, let's just say... I love my current setup, but I'll probably love my future one even more.

What Have I Gotten Myself Into.gif

Aug 8, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #69 of 77
Pretty contempt with my current setup being dCS Bartók, feeding Riviera AIC-10, driving Abyss AB-1266 TC. I tried a couple of other dynamic and planar headphones and nothing sounded as good to my ears as 1266 in terms of holographic 3D soundstage and resolution - which I love for EDM. The mids can be a bit cold, and that's why I added a layer of colouration with Riviera amplifier, which makes non-EDM music work for me better than another TOTL headphone like Susvara or Valkyria. Worth mentioning that for EDM only, I skip Riviera amp and drive 1266 directly out of Bartók.

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #70 of 77
EtherRegen, Innuos Zenith mk3, Phoenix USB, MScaler, Dave, Formula S/Powerman, 1266TC. I feel very fortunate to have it. If I can't be happy with this setup I should give myself a slap!

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #71 of 77
I got the Susvara early this year after being stuck at home most of the time during the pandemic. At the time I was pretty much clueless with audio gears in general, so dealer advised to get the A90/D90 stack to pair with the Susvara. I got home and plug it all to my gaming PC and suffice to say the headphone bug bit hard and I spent the last couple months researching and collecting gear, mostly used. I am at this stage very happy with my current setup, and can melt into whatever album I'm listening to.

I get why some would keep on chasing multiple headphones and different gears, but for me I'm going to stick with the one headphone and optimizing the rest of the gear to get it sound as best as my budget (or credit limit) can allow.

Below pic of the current setup. More pics on the "pictures of your high end system thread". Got too much time on my hands as we're going through another lockdown here.

_DSC8559.jpg

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:17 AM Post #72 of 77
Hey all! :)

Great thread (thanks for creating!) and I do!

Sennheiser recently sent me an IEM upgrade from my IE800s to the new IE900, and IMO they're pretty fricking awesome!

In relation to my SDR modded HD 800 and Focal Clear, the IE 900 provide HD 800 like clarity with the extra bass that that over ear beauty doesn't have and lifts the relative veil of the Clears in super-cool says.

My barometer is wanting to listen to album after album just for the sheer pleasure of it and the IE 900 are delivering in abundance in that respect!

In addition to my incoming HE-90, I'm loving the IE900 and joy via headphones more than ever now and here's to that being the case for all of you, whatever you're listening with, wherever you are!

So happy for all the joy I see on this thread and thank you all for sharing - loving life is being happy with what you have, and gratitude is the key!

Ongoing head-fi fun! :)
xWx

Jan 28, 2022 at 3:31 PM Post #73 of 77
Not the most glamorous setup, but the small footprint works so well for my workbench. Plus, the HD800 is comfy AF. Still deciding on the Stealth, though. On the other hand, since owning the Ones, I rarely use headphones anymore. :deadhorse:

Jan 31, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #74 of 77
Loving my TT2 + LCD5. Later this year I'll be adding a dedicated amp to the lineup for a potential Susvara/1266 purchase. So many options and I'm trying to keep the gear 'minimal'. Trying very hard to not have a couple DACs, couple amps, a few of this and a few of that... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back