Who loves their current setup?
Oct 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #17 of 77
loving the PASS HPA-1,, also researching Player-streamers, Aurender, Auralic.. willing to wait for Roon competitors to ramp up new Tech

Oct 21, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #18 of 77
Foobar | Tidal Master > Singxer SU-1 > WireWorld UltraViolet 5.2 HDMI > Holo Spring LVL3 KTE > ECP DSHA-0 (Balanced) | Schiit Loki mini > SYS > ECP DSHA-0 (RCA) | Magni 3 > HD800SDR | HD6XX (heavily modded) | T90 Balance recabled | Westone 30

Headphone setup search has ended for me. Moving into speaker setup :ksc75smile:

Oct 21, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #19 of 77
I'm done too. But my path has always been set to move into TOTL speakers with the Chord Dave (I didn't buy it just for headphones).

Headphones like the Orpheus 2 are cool, but speakers beat them at a cheaper price. Even the $6000 Susvara gets beaten by cheaper speakers, so it is time to stop with TOTL headphones now for me.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #20 of 77
I'm done too. But my path has always been set to move into TOTL speakers with the Chord Dave (I didn't buy it just for headphones).

Headphones like the Orpheus 2 are cool, but speakers beat them at a cheaper price. Even the $6000 Susvara gets beaten by cheaper speakers, so it is time to stop with TOTL headphones now for me.

I have to agree with this. I used to search for what's the better headphone that I can get at a more expensive price, but as the price increase, the margin is just getting smaller and smaller. I listened to a couple of good price speaker at Canjam and was blown away by the system. Now, I am starting the speaker game from scratch (or not because I already have great DAC). So, we'll see how it goes from there.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #22 of 77
When i came here 7 years ago, i was suicidal, because i dont have the money to buy an audiophile set-up...Now i smile at reviewer reviewing thousand dollars products.... My set up is an Akg- k 340 headphone paid 150 bucks (TOTL in 1980) a Sansui Au-7700 paid 100 bucks ( TOTL in 1978) with a NOS battery dac tda 1543 ( contemporary TOTL) paid 20 bucks with Mission Cyrus speakers paid 50 bucks (TOTL of 1989 ).... Conclusion: buy VINTAGE.... If you want a dac buy a NOS one ...:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #24 of 77
PS Audio Directstream DAC with Bridge II Network Card
Woo WA5
Cavalli Liquid Gold
Audeze LCD-4 with DHC Prion4

Very Happy!

Oct 23, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #25 of 77
Computer systems pretty much done. HiRez done right as best as I need. I need to order a DNA Stratus and a Focal Clear for the other system and thats done. For now?

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #26 of 77
LCD 2.2 Rev. 2 Pre-fazor in bamboo w/CP3 audio cable ---> Burson Soloist SL ----> Burson DA-160 = my endgame for listening to music

Oct 27, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #27 of 77
Foobar | Tidal Master > Singxer SU-1 > WireWorld UltraViolet 5.2 HDMI > Holo Spring LVL3 KTE > ECP DSHA-0 (Balanced) | Schiit Loki mini > SYS > ECP DSHA-0 (RCA) | Magni 3 > HD800SDR | HD6XX (heavily modded) | T90 Balance recabled | Westone 30

Headphone setup search has ended for me. Moving into speaker setup :ksc75smile:
Nice! Almost bought the Holo Spring LVL3 and the HD800 myself :)

Also I have to ask, why are you using ECP DSHA-0(RCA) and the Magni 3? just to try the improved magni 3 since its cheap?
And how are you finding the Loki Mini?

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #28 of 77
Nice! Almost bought the Holo Spring LVL3 and the HD800 myself :)

Also I have to ask, why are you using ECP DSHA-0(RCA) and the Magni 3? just to try the improved magni 3 since its cheap?
And how are you finding the Loki Mini?

The DHSA-0 (RCA) is so that I can use the Loki; Currently, the Loki is connected to both Magni 3 and DSHA-0. The DSHA-0 is a fully balanced amp that only has 4-pin balanced output but it still has 2 unbalanced input. Until Schiit produces the balanced Loki, I will be using this for awhile to use the Loki with my DSHA-0. I only use balanced setup for my HD800 while using the loki+DSHA-0 for my T90. Since I have a couple IEMs, I decided to get the magni 3 for 3 reasons: SE output, price and performance.

The Loki mini is rather amazing even though I find that my HD800 shines better without Loki tune. With my T90 (modded and recabled), the bass is punchier and cleaner than how it used to be. The highs was better with the mod compare to the stock; but, Loki manages to keep the details while makes it more pleasing to listen to. I guess, if Schiit announces the balanced Loki later in the future, I'll be in the front line to order :ksc75smile:

Oct 27, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #29 of 77

No matter how expensive headphones are, they can never match the immersive sound and realism of really good room treated speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back