Who loved lego?
Nov 21, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #46 of 61
LEGO (which is the only proper way to spell it! All caps, no "s"!) is my favourite of all things hands down.
What made it even better for me?

LEGO + BattleTech Universe

Great site, it even has instructions for those who know how to use LDRAW and some models are available for the LEGO factory, which you can order online.

This guy is incredibly talented and the models look very accurate too.

Nov 21, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #47 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naga /img/forum/go_quote.gif
old school lego-ers -

who thinks all this bionicle and "knights kingdom" stuff simply SUCKS?

i miss the old castle and pirates stuff, arrgh

ewww....Those are so lame. Dont forget the cheesy gundam/anime whatever one with the robots..

Nov 21, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #48 of 61
Quote:

LEGO (which is the only proper way to spell it! All caps, no "s"!)

oops noted
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #49 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anilan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LEGO (which is the only proper way to spell it! All caps, no "s"!) is my favourite of all things hands down.
What made it even better for me?

LEGO + BattleTech Universe

Great site, it even has instructions for those who know how to use LDRAW and some models are available for the LEGO factory, which you can order online.

This guy is incredibly talented and the models look very accurate too.

Yeah, I've been watching that guy's website for 3 or 4 years now. Excellent stuff.

Nov 21, 2006 at 11:11 PM Post #52 of 61
Nov 21, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #54 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ewww....Those are so lame.

Castle and freakin Pirate legos were lame?! What?

I didn't have a lot of "sets" myself but had a huge tackle box full of parts, and a few technics sets too including some of the motorized stuff from way back. My friends (two brothers, pretty close in age) got a few sets every year though and had all that old castle and pirates stuff. They even tracked down a version of one of the ships with spring loaded cannons (before Lego had to back off that design due to some people losing the race we call survival of the fittest). Maybe it's just sentimentalism but What man?

The space legos were killer too. I was probably too old for it by that point but when they got the "Deep Freeze Defender" I justabout killed them so I could take it for myself. http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6973

Nov 21, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #56 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by NightWoundsTime /img/forum/go_quote.gif
spring loaded cannons

The nostalgia trip you just sent me on there!!

I loved these things, they were just so cool. I used to build up poorly stacked towers and stand up lego men so that I could take pot shots at them with the cannon and see how good my targeting was! What fun. Then my mum would walk in and stand on the ammo ... those telling offs weren't so much fun. But the shooting was worth it!!

Nov 21, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #57 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NONONO i meant those bionic and the other new ones with the balls!!! teh pirates and castle sets rocked!

Bionics - could never get into that.. just looked really naff to me (plus I was getting a bit old for Lego by that time - but I still think Star Wars Lego and the Pirates are really cool so maybe it was just the Bionics)

As for the ones with the balls? I have no idea what that one was.

Nov 22, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #58 of 61

This was basically the last thing I built. I found all my "cool" "flat-top" pieces and put them all into this car. And I made the guy have all black too. Even his head under the helmet is black. I love my dragster :
smily_headphones1.gif
. Camera died after one pic though, I'll take a better one later.

Nov 22, 2006 at 5:09 AM Post #59 of 61

Users who are viewing this thread

Back