Who knows anything about ceramic painting?
Dec 5, 2008 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pepsione1

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for a gift for my gf for Christmas. She likes to paint little ceramic figures and she's learned quite a bit on her own. I'd like to get her some tutorial materials to help her learn some new techniques.

Anyone has any ideas for videos or books? There aren't many crafts stores around town so I want to get something over the web.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 6
I already looked on amazon before coming here. The books they offer aren't for painting decorative items like the picture I posted.

Plus if I can find a video tutorial for learning different technique and painting styles that would be great. It's much easier to see something done on a screen then to read about it and mimic it.

Dec 6, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #5 of 6
Do a google search for local hobby art houses / stores. Most have gift certificates for supplies or for classes. My mother and brother got into painting ceramic and porcelain hardcore a few years ago. Both of them felt that books paled in comparison to learning in class.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #6 of 6
I know what you mean about the classes. I got her certificates for classes last year but we ended up moving away and now I don't know if there is such a place in this small town we live in. So I was hoping i can find videos or books online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back