Who Is the Greatest Rock Drummer of All Time? John Bonham, Keith Moon, ...?
Dec 19, 2007 at 12:03 AM Post #32 of 87
Virgil Donati

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #33 of 87
John Bonham.........hands down!

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #34 of 87
I'm the second voter for Terry Bozzio. And also missing Phil Ehart (Kansas).

Dec 19, 2007 at 1:16 AM Post #35 of 87
A week without an AdamCalifornia poll is like a day without sunshine
rolleyes.gif

No one can touch Billy Cobham, Dennis Chambers, and Carl Palmer.

Dec 19, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #37 of 87
Dec 19, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #38 of 87
John Bonhan to me. Although Neil Peart from Rush is very good too. Maybe even more technic than Bonhan, but Bonhan simple invented a way to play drums which is simply amazing. So points to him ...

Dec 19, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #39 of 87
Refresh your memory of John Bonham, and listen to that drum solo on "Moby Dick"!

Dec 19, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #40 of 87
i voted for bill bruford just to give him some love and credit. maybe not the greatest, but i love his style and influence he had on future contemporary and progressive bands. Red is such a sick album.

Dec 20, 2007 at 12:46 AM Post #41 of 87
I voted for other >>

Try listening to some jungle Tambor’s in South America and tell me any of the aforementioned drummers are the best in the world. These drummers not only play an incredible beat, but they also make all their own equipment from hardwoods they find in the rainforest; some are so large that it takes numerous peps to carry them onto the stage and if you ever have the opportunity to see them play, you’ll know what I mean
smily_headphones1.gif

These are by far some of the most beautiful drums I've ever seen & been lucky enough to experience \0/

Dec 20, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #42 of 87
Neil Peart wins in the drummers you have selected. Mike Portnoy is also great. Most of the others suck. Bonham and Keith Moon both suck. Not to offend anybody, I know they have a part in some legendary music, but as far as being skilled drummers they both suck. Kind of like Hendrix on the guitar. Legendary, well ahead of his time, but his playing was unrefined and sloppy. If he tried a sweep pick it would sound dreadful. Again, I am well aware of what makes these players "great", but with many, actual skill is not a strong point.

Dec 20, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #43 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by eduj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John Bonham :There is a reason the guy has such a mythical status in rock pantheon
wink.gif

cause he's dead?

<<<<i kid, i kid>>>>

Oh, I voted for Moon the Loon, but Danny Carey is a current (alive) favorite.

Dec 20, 2007 at 7:55 PM Post #45 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neil Peart wins in the drummers you have selected. Mike Portnoy is also great. Most of the others suck. Bonham and Keith Moon both suck. Not to offend anybody, I know they have a part in some legendary music, but as far as being skilled drummers they both suck. Kind of like Hendrix on the guitar. Legendary, well ahead of his time, but his playing was unrefined and sloppy. If he tried a sweep pick it would sound dreadful. Again, I am well aware of what makes these players "great", but with many, actual skill is not a strong point.

Troll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back