Who is getting the Head-fi special Corda Headfive?
Mar 31, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #17 of 61
Yeah, guess I know myself well...I caved
very_evil_smiley.gif

I requested serial #99...I've had a fascination with the number 9 lately
confused.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:55 AM Post #19 of 61
I've just sent Jan an email too
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:28 AM Post #21 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak
Yeah, guess I know myself well...I caved
very_evil_smiley.gif

I requested serial #99...I've had a fascination with the number 9 lately
confused.gif

Guess I am your other better/evil half ?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:51 PM Post #24 of 61
#40 for me...
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #25 of 61
To be honest, it seems reminiscent of a Pimeta with built in STEPS-type power supply + crossfeed. Not that it may not be better sounding, it's just that the design looks similar. Wish it was a fully discrete design at that price... now that would be something worth getting excited about.

P.S. is anyone concerned about that transformer being so close to the opamps and the rest of the signal path, or is it not possible for interference to occur?

Mar 31, 2006 at 1:38 PM Post #28 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
To be honest, it seems reminiscent of a Pimeta with built in STEPS-type power supply + crossfeed. Not that it may not be better sounding, it's just that the design looks similar. Wish it was a fully discrete design at that price... now that would be something worth getting excited about.

P.S. is anyone concerned about that transformer being so close to the opamps and the rest of the signal path, or is it not possible for interference to occur?

The concept of a STEPS is pretty much generic design for chip based linear regulated power supplies. Then you have the amp section which is also a OPAMP plus buffer configuration. But this doesn't mean it is simular to a Pimeta. How is the OPAMP configured, inverting, non inverting? Is it a Jung-multiloop topology as the PIMETA, is the buffer inside the feedback loop? Etc...

Regarding the transformer, I sure Dr Meyer wouldn't realease any amp that would have any sort of hum realted problems

Go to www.meier-audio.de adn search for the schematic of the HA-1 and compare it to the schematic of the PIMETA and you'll see that they're very different indeed.

Just my 0,02€

Manuel

Mar 31, 2006 at 11:51 PM Post #29 of 61
I fear I've just bit and requested #13 (what else?
wink.gif
). Still debating with myself over production outsourcing vs. price, though... Anyway, looks like greed won over conscience yet again.
evil_smiley.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 1, 2006 at 12:06 AM Post #30 of 61
I'm almost positive I got number 11, since Jan said there were 10 people in front of me on the reservation list. I would've requested one somewhere in the 400's just for fun, but I wouldn't want to wait that long to recieve the amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back