Who here only shaves in the shower?
Dec 6, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #47 of 57
I shave at the sink AFTER I shower. This gives me time to prep my face for shaving while having my pores open from the steam. I then wet shave at the sink and finish it all off with some custom (made for LFF only) after-shave that is just awesome.
icon10.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #49 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The real question is: Do people wipe standing up or sitting down?
evil_smiley.gif

You gotta be kidding me... that's gotta be a joke, right? Please don't tell me there are actually some people out there who stand up when they wipe!!
confused.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:36 PM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You gotta be kidding me... that's gotta be a joke, right? Please don't tell me there are actually some people out there who stand up when they wipe!!
confused.gif

Sure hope not!
I though it was quite normal laying down on your back while shaving.
regular_smile .gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #51 of 57
I shave in the shower 100% of the time. I wash everything and by the time I am done my face is soft from the hot water and I shave by feel and then I to the fine touches at the sink after I get out the the shower. I wish I could wear a beard though but my job requires me to be clean shaven. I did grow a beard recently when I was off work from shoulder surgery and it was bliss.

Dec 13, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #52 of 57
I could never shave in the shower. My circle beard needs too much trimming for me to not shave in front of a mirror.

Dec 14, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

confused.gif

Why does this affect you so?

Dec 14, 2008 at 3:08 AM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Why does this affect you so?

Well... it just seems like stuff would squish together when you stand up...
frown.gif

Kinda defeats the effectiveness of wiping in the first place, don't you think?

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #55 of 57
Quote:

Well... it just seems like stuff would squish together when you stand up...
frown.gif

Kinda defeats the effectiveness of wiping in the first place, don't you think?

Heh heh...

To be honest, I've never understood the whole standing thing either...

Dec 14, 2008 at 5:04 PM Post #56 of 57
I was taught to do it this way since birth (damn hippie parents) and honestly, until my camp years, I didn't even know there was any other way to do it.
redface.gif

However, in hindsight, I still think that it is a better aproach than sticking your hand below the surface line of somewhere that I don't believe a hand should go (especially in public bathrooms).

As far as the "stuff squish together" inquiry goes, that's what the other hand is for.

In Latin they would call it "Maximus Clearance-sus".
icon10.gif

When on the road, or on the trail, when using a Porta Potty, you have to squat, and I assume that the "standing up" method would have to be applied, but then again, for most, that would be the exception to the rule.

Dec 14, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #57 of 57
Quote:

When on the road, or on the trail, when using a Porta Potty, you have to squat, and I assume that the "standing up" method would have to be applied, but then again, for most, that would be the exception to the rule.

Nope, I'd still get the job done while I'm down there.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back