Who here is a high school audiophile?
Sep 20, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #1,158 of 1,284
  How do you become a headphoneus Supremus? Or Contributor? Is it based on post counts/

The Headphoneus Supremus rank is attained by posting 1,500 times. 
Contributor might be for people who contribute to the site, either as an information gatherer, industry insider, or just a donator. Of course, I don't know exactly...

Sep 20, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,159 of 1,284
  I'm 15 from Panama/Costa Rica and in 10th grade

I have DT880s (600ohm), V Moda m80s and Shure SE215s

amp/dac just an Audioengine D1 and it will stay like that.

daps just a clip zip and ipod classic with broken hdd, just have to buy annew hdd

I don't really consider myself an audiophile, I just like to enjoy the music but don't really like to dissect each aspect of a piece of equipment, if it sounds good to me I'll use it.
really at my age and with the stuff I do full size HPs are not really for me yet, so I'm, trading the Beyers for some Vsonic GR07+cash, and will stick with IEMs until I have a job and can afford high end equipment, now with the money I get as gifts etc if I really wanted eventually I could get expensive equipment but just using all my money in audio equipment is not viable considering  I have other (relatively) expensive hobbies 

The D1's internal amp can power a 600ohm Beyer? Impressive. 

Sep 20, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #1,160 of 1,284

The D1's internal amp can power a 600ohm Beyer? Impressive. 

Well, it can't drive them to ear shattering levels but to a more than comfortable listening level for my liking. People that like listening loudly would think they need more juice but for me they're fine. As far if SQ would improve with more juice idk, probably but I'm not really looking for an amp upgrade tbh

Sep 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #1,161 of 1,284
I drill holes and tear apart my friend's headphones :)
Their expression is priceless.

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #1,163 of 1,284
I drill holes and tear apart my friend's headphones
smily_headphones1.gif

Their expression is priceless.

if one of my friends drilled holes in my headphones, they wouldn't wake up the next morning... either that or some of their fingers might be gone ( in reality i would just force them to pay for it)

I would drill holes and mess up theirs however IF and only if they were beats. Lets say they left over there little beaties at my house...well  chop chop drill exsplosion and well there you have it, a wounder pile of dust and flaming toxic plastic...enjoy [insert friends name here]!

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #1,164 of 1,284

if one of my friends drilled holes in my headphones, they wouldn't wake up the next morning... either that or some of their fingers might be gone ( in reality i would just force them to pay for it)

I would drill holes and mess up theirs however IF and only if they were beats. Lets say they left over there little beaties at my house...well  chop chop drill exsplosion and well there you have it, a wounder pile of dust and flaming toxic plastic...enjoy [insert friends name here]!

Except~ my drilled holes are vent holes and they improve the sound, and the tearing up of headphones is for the beyerdynamic headband transplant procedure.
Kind of like how the surgeon has to cut you up to install enhancements or fix you up.

So in the end of the day my friends and I are happy people 
tongue.gif

Oct 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,165 of 1,284

Except~ my drilled holes are vent holes and they improve the sound, and the tearing up of headphones is for the beyerdynamic headband transplant procedure.
Kind of like how the surgeon has to cut you up to install enhancements or fix you up.

So in the end of the day my friends and I are happy people 
tongue.gif

oooohhhhhh i see! :D

regardless i would still hurt them if they even so much as touched my headphones without my permission and even worse so if they decided that they were going to drill holes in them.

Even if they asked me if they would like to mod my cans i would say no, because they would basically be messing with an investment that i put my hard earn money into buying. What if the mod (which in this example i didn't even know went down) goes horrbily wrong and my headphones (that i spent weeks working at walmart trying to get the money for ) are totally ruined. I don't want to even remotely take that chance. I don't have a stable source of money.. im just 16! ( i cant have a job during school unfortunately because my mom just doesn't like that idea because when she worked during school when she was in high school she said it was "just too tiring" what ever....)

But i can understand this for some people though. maybe your friends had some god awful headphones laying around and by the good service of your heart you modify them in pity of there lack of knowledge of headphones and audio so they can have a little better listening experience. That my friend is a good service to those poor people i think... i guess.... grrrr.. stupid moral problems! 

however i must say that a surgeon has to have the patients permission to go through with a serious operation with that patient (aka basically any surgery) and the patient has the right to refuse treatment if he/she chooses to even if it means that that person will die or suffer a life of pain. That is if the patient has a grasp of the possible consequences of it. if  the person doesn't understand and just says no randomly for no reason ( in this case the friends that know nothing of headphones and think beats are god tier) then well....you know >:wink: drilling time!  

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #1,166 of 1,284

So in the end of the day my friends and I are happy people :p

regardless i would still hurt them if they even so much as touched my headphones without my permission and even worse so if they decided that they were going to drill holes in them.

Even if they asked me if they would like to mod my cans i would say no, because they would basically be messing with an investment that i put my hard earn money into buying. What if the mod (which in this example i didn't even know went down) goes horrbily wrong and my headphones (that i spent weeks working at walmart trying to get the money for ) are totally ruined. I don't want to even remotely take that chance. I don't have a stable source of money.. im just 16! ( i cant have a job during school unfortunately because my mom just doesn't like that idea because when she worked during school when she was in high school she said it was "just too tiring" what ever....)

But i can understand this for some people though. maybe your friends had some god awful headphones laying around and by the good service of your heart you modify them in pity of there lack of knowledge of headphones and audio so they can have a little better listening experience. That my friend is a good service to those poor people i think... i guess.... grrrr.. stupid moral problems! 

however i must say that a surgeon has to have the patients permission to go through with a serious operation with that patient (aka basically any surgery) and the patient has the right to refuse treatment if he/she chooses to even if it means that that person will die or suffer a life of pain. That is if the patient has a grasp of the possible consequences of it. if  the person doesn't understand and just says no randomly for no reason ( in this case the friends that know nothing of headphones and think beats are god tier) then well....you know >:wink: drilling time!  

Wait, you had to work weeks to get an AD900x? Working 4 days in 2 weeks at McDonalds on a right schedule, I get about $200. After marching season, that number is likely to double.

Oct 9, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,167 of 1,284
Wait, you had to work weeks to get an AD900x? Working 4 days in 2 weeks at McDonalds on a right schedule, I get about $200. After marching season, that number is likely to double.

no no silly!

im getting a grado rs1i for xmas using $350 of the $956 some that i earned . I was going to just buy it retail price right after my summer work was done but my dad made me a deal. He would pay for half of the 700 needed to get it if i waited until xmas to get it. i there for, have to pay for the other half. This way i can spend my money on other things, iv already got my little dot i+ in the mail now i just have to wait until that final moment when i open my presents under the tree... 

I spent about half of the summer on the job because the other half was spent applying for such jobs ( there's not much job openings down here in the country, that and not many people want to hire a teenager lol) there for my estimated income that i thought i was going to get suffered... :frowning2:

Oct 9, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,168 of 1,284
All I'm going to get for Christmas this year (other than the custom tube amp which I'm not even sure is going to happen) is cash, so I can get the Sony A77 DSLR. As far as audio goes I only need to upgrade my speakers and turntable, and I'll be set for a whole. (Maybe purchasing a used RS1 off a fellow member)

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #1,169 of 1,284

Nah had drilled the vent holes in my HD202 first and I showed him how much the sound improved. His headphone was an ATH SJ33 anyway which is not that expensive. He was thinking of an upgrade but since i have modded it now he doesn't need to upgrade anymore.

You lucky fella, i had to work in a japanese fast food restaurant for 6 days for 4 weeks to get converted $350. Not to mention gear is way more expensive too.

Oct 28, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #1,170 of 1,284
  How about DIY audiophiles in high school? Any of you out there? Please? lol.

Lots of programmers I see, but personally hardware is much more interesting. I've only had the chance to look into DCS programming, however.

I used to be really interested in DIY electronics (and still am) but now it's mainly soldering leads and cables but I have built a ton of circuits and a few amps. Looking at building a good one soon. And a guitar amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back