Who here is a high school audiophile?
Mar 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #991 of 1,284
Quote:
Happy late B-Day man! Did you get any audio gear?
tongue.gif

Haha thanks,
Not exactly but i used some birthday money to buy a pair of HFI-780's

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #992 of 1,284
Haha thanks,

Not exactly but i used some birthday money to buy a pair of HFI-780's
Nice! I got a pair of HA-S500s for my B-Day, with a Clip+, and 32 gig MicroSD card, and an HD650 for Christmas, which was traded for Mad Dogs, which was traded toward HE400s! :D

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #994 of 1,284
Mar 21, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #995 of 1,284
High school student for only about 2 more months now~
Just got my acceptance letter to the University of Washington today. I hope to go there and study computer science.
Hopefully I'll get a good set of CIEMs as a graduation present... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #996 of 1,284
Just got my acceptance letter to the University of Washington today. I hope to go there and study computer science.
rolleyes.gif
Computer science? Niceu! Same as what I'm planning on doing! :D

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #997 of 1,284
Quote:
I'm more surprised by the cost of some of it. More so if they're in the EU or Canada where schiit is expensive. I must buy myself a pair of STAXes soon so I can lord it over younglings with allowances.
evil_smiley.gif

Lol im 15 and i have stax 009, lambda classics. you should see my original post on the equipment i have(its deff more than your average summit fier to say the least)

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #998 of 1,284
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

Nice! my friend got accepted there for the same major. Maybe I'll tell her to befriend you. 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #999 of 1,284
Quote:
sophmore 15, my personal set up includes stax lambda and 009, various tube headphone amps such as the leben cs-300x, some western electric 300bs, hd 800, lcd3,(unimportant headphones ommited) quad esl57 electrostatic speakers some various speaker tube amps and preamps such as dynaco st-70 and audionote stuff.(again unimportant items ommited) xlo signature interconnects. portable set up is grado rs-1 and ttvj millet hybrid

Quote:
^my original post,i forgor to add some stuff, for an early christmas gift i got an eico power amp and a a bunch of VINTAGE mullard el34s none of that disgusting new producton mullard el34s, mainly speaker stuff not much headphone stuff cept some grado GR10's

For those of you curious these are my orignal posts from december of last year. as of then i have picked up the he6s and some more tube amps

Mar 22, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #1,001 of 1,284
Quote:
Computer science? Niceu! Same as what I'm planning on doing!
biggrin.gif

I'm not 100% sure that's what I'll be doing; that's just my preferred major. I'm not sure if I will get in when I apply or not though.
Quote:

Nice! my friend got accepted there for the same major. Maybe I'll tell her to befriend you. 
tongue_smile.gif

Haha, any help with the ladies is always appreciated! 
tongue.gif

I kid. It would be awesome to know as many people as possible, considering I only know one person right now that I met through Head-fi, and one person at my school who got accepted that I actually give a damn about.
I'm also planning on starting an audiophile club if at all possible!

Mar 24, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #1,003 of 1,284
Quote:
rolleyes.gif

WashU? Niceee... one of my friends got rejected from there.

If you don't mind sharing, what other schools did you get in/Rejected from, and would you happen to go to Ladue High, or know anyone from there?

EDIT: Wrong Washington from me... oopsie.

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,004 of 1,284
I'm not 100% sure that's what I'll be doing; that's just my preferred major. I'm not sure if I will get in when I apply or not though.
Haha, any help with the ladies is always appreciated! 
tongue.gif

I kid. It would be awesome to know as many people as possible, considering I only know one person right now that I met through Head-fi, and one person at my school who got accepted that I actually give a damn about.
I'm also planning on starting an audiophile club if at all possible!

Hah, well she still uses her Etymotic ER6is she's had for longer than I've known her, so you'd have something to talk about.

And I'm assuming Washington in Seattle and not Missouri, right?

Mar 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,005 of 1,284
Quote:
WashU? Niceee... one of my friends got rejected from there.

If you don't mind sharing, what other schools did you get in/Rejected from, and would you happen to go to Ladue High, or know anyone from there?

EDIT: Wrong Washington from me... oopsie.

Haha yeah, University of Washington in Seattle. They're one of the top 15, if not higher, schools in Computer Science.
I only applied to three schools. UW, the University of Idaho, and Eastern Washington University. I received acceptance letters from all three, but Idaho and Eastern aren't as prestigious as the University of Washington.
Quote:
Hah, well she still uses her Etymotic ER6is she's had for longer than I've known her, so you'd have something to talk about.

And I'm assuming Washington in Seattle and not Missouri, right?

Yes, University of Washington in Seattle. Sorry about the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back