Who here is a high school audiophile?
Mar 17, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #976 of 1,284
Quote:
Well I don't know too much about the Mad Dogs. Although, I simply want a balanced headphone with better than usual mids, since I was spoiled with those of the UE6000, and detailed highs . I don't care too much about bass, as long as it is not nonexistent. I am looking for something under $400 ..

Hmm, well people do sing praises about the "liquid ortho mids" on both the Mad Dogs and the HE400. From what I've heard, the bass on the HE400 has a bit more slam, and the treble is a bit hotter. The MD is a bit more laid back in the treble, but IMO it retains a great amount of detail, despite not being forward. Also, there's quite a dip in the upper mids of the HE400s if I'm not mistaken by these graphs:http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE400.pdf

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #977 of 1,284
Quote:
Hmm, well people do sing praises about the "liquid ortho mids" on both the Mad Dogs and the HE400. From what I've heard, the bass on the HE400 has a bit more slam, and the treble is a bit hotter. The MD is a bit more laid back in the treble, but IMO it retains a great amount of detail, despite not being forward. Also, there's quite a dip in the upper mids of the HE400s if I'm not mistaken by these graphs:http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/HiFiMANHE400.pdf

Lol liquid ortho mids + HE-400s. Nope. They are refreshingly clear of that mush but still retains the cohesive and integrated aspect of the planar sound. Dip is soooo easily remedied through mods.

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #978 of 1,284
Quote:
Lol liquid ortho mids + HE-400s. Nope. They are refreshingly clear of that mush but still retains the cohesive and integrated aspect of the planar sound. Dip is soooo easily remedied through mods.

But modding requires work... 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #979 of 1,284
Quote:
But modding requires work... 
rolleyes.gif

Grill mod - cut a pencil/trash bin mesh into circle, pop on. 30 secs.
Jergpads - cut holes in pleather. 20 secs
EQ - 1 sec.

Oh yeah so much work.
(plus SR007s have been out for almost a decade and no one complained about the upper mids that much. They sound pretty similar up there.)

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #980 of 1,284
Quote:
Wow! You are one lucky kid! You said you heard the HD600? So you'd recommend the HE400 over the HD600? I'd REALLY wanna try out the HE400 now! & How was the meet? Did anyone find your age odd? 

I wouldnt think so im around his/her age too ,a little older and i havnt had much trouble fitting in as long as you have enough allowence money (lol) for nice headphones and know what your talking about your fine. Though im a bit diffrent from most kids now a days as my room is filled with tons incandesent vacuum tubes glowing almost all day.

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #981 of 1,284
I wouldnt think so im around his/her age too ,a little older and i havnt had much trouble fitting in as long as you have enough allowence money (lol) for nice headphones and know what your talking about your fine. Though im a bit diffrent from most kids now a days as my room is filled with tons incandesent vacuum tubes glowing almost all day.
His. :wink: Hey, you get a LOT of allowence money to afford all of your speakers and such, you lucky (Word was removed due to violation of Head-Fis terms of service)! :veryevil:

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #983 of 1,284

Owned Audio Stuffs:
Logitech UE Triple Fi 10
Sony XBA-4
Sony MDR-XB600
Munitio Nines Silver
Apple Earpods
Sony MH1C
JVC HA-FX101
Sol Republic Tracks V8
Altec Lansing Muzx Ultra MZX606
JVC HA-RX300
Razer Electra
Sennheiser HD 598
Fiio E3
Sansa Clip Zip+
Ipod Photo
Ipod touch 4G 32GB
Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro USB
Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II 2.0
Edifier 5.1 M155

Soon:
Grado RS1/Hifiman HE-400/Beyerdynamic DT 1350

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #984 of 1,284
I am surprised how much gear some of you youngsters have
tongue.gif
 More than the amount of eggs i have eaten for my whole life (okay maybe not)

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #985 of 1,284
Quote:
I am surprised how much gear some of you youngsters have
tongue.gif
 More than the amount of eggs i have eaten for my whole life (okay maybe not)

I'm more surprised by the cost of some of it. More so if they're in the EU or Canada where schiit is expensive. I must buy myself a pair of STAXes soon so I can lord it over younglings with allowances.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #986 of 1,284
Quote:
I'm more surprised by the cost of some of it. More so if they're in the EU or Canada where schiit is expensive. I must buy myself a pair of STAXes soon so I can lord it over younglings with allowances.
evil_smiley.gif

Stuff is really expensive here too, about anywhere between 120% and 200% of US MSRP.

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #987 of 1,284
I'm more surprised by the cost of some of it. More so if they're in the EU or Canada where schiit is expensive. I must buy myself a pair of STAXes soon so I can lord it over younglings with allowances.:evil:
I hate you! :D

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #990 of 1,284
Checking In, would say I have been an audiophile for 8 or so months. 

I am 17 as of the 16th of March.
Happy late B-Day man! Did you get any audio gear? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back