Who here is a high school audiophile?
Feb 27, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #873 of 1,284
Quote:
:O
I am infinitely jelly now! Those are some beautiful gear pics!
Too bad shipping to the USA kills me from buying stuff from japan 95% of the time...

Thanks. i agree shipping from japan to USA is abit costly. even shipping to Singapore can be expensive at times
angry_face.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #874 of 1,284
Grade: 11th
Gear: ATH-M50 and 4th gen Ipod Touch 8G with EQu. Soon to be ZO2 and DT770/80 PRO.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #875 of 1,284
Quote:
Thanks. i agree shipping from japan to USA is abit costly. even shipping to Singapore can be expensive at times
angry_face.gif

Yeah. The second thing I bought (and the most recent) from Amazon JP (Saya no Uta OST) cost $21 and shipping was $24. It's just absurd. Guess I'll just have to save up and go over there to the holy land and guy a bunch of schiit while I'm over there.
I hope that when I eventually have more money, I'll be able to pick some of this stuff up. Glad someone's getting it though :)

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #877 of 1,284
Quote:
Yeah. The second thing I bought (and the most recent) from Amazon JP (Saya no Uta OST) cost $21 and shipping was $24. It's just absurd. Guess I'll just have to save up and go over there to the holy land and guy a bunch of schiit while I'm over there.
I hope that when I eventually have more money, I'll be able to pick some of this stuff up. Glad someone's getting it though :)

I was going to take an Asia tour when I graduate. So that would be South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and then the motherland, China. But after the nuclear disaster in Japan, my parents probably would not let me go there. Not even Taiwan (I heard they have really good Food). 

So I'll just stick with dealing with people like Twinqy :3. And I watch "livestream" concerts instead of going there. Nico Nico Live

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #879 of 1,284
Quote:
I was going to take an Asia tour when I graduate. So that would be South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, and then the motherland, China. But after the nuclear disaster in Japan, my parents probably would not let me go there. Not even Taiwan (I heard they have really good Food). 

So I'll just stick with dealing with people like Twinqy :3. And I watch "livestream" concerts instead of going there. Nico Nico Live

Ouch. That's not cool.
My cousin and I want to go to Asia just for the lolz just to stick out like sore thumbs (I'm 6' 5" and he's 6' 4") 
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:53 PM Post #880 of 1,284
i lie to myself.... when i say:buy in the distant future, it always only end up to be only 3 weeks or so later.
oh head fi why do you do this to my wallet
redface.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #881 of 1,284
Quote:

Wait, seriously?

You can just avoid the immediate areas around Fukushima... 

Feb 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #882 of 1,284
I'm in grade 11, and I got interested in better audio quality over the last summer. I then came across head-fi several months back. 

Before discovering head-fi, I had the Bose IE2, which I regret buying now (the lack of noise isolation was more frustrating than the actual sound quality). After head-fi, I bought the ATH-M50, and I just ordered the Klipsch X10 from Amazon to replace my Bose for portable use. Next, I will buy a DAC/amp, as well as some good headphones for my brother.

But before you say it, you don't need to be sorry for my wallet. My golf equipment is still more expensive than all of my recent and planned audio purchases, combined.
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #883 of 1,284
Quote:
 Next, I will buy a DAC/amp, as well as some good headphones for my brother.

I would skip out on the DAC/amp for now, especially for the M-50.

I dare say they don't make a difference at all, especially if you're driving them with an iDevice. Unless you're planning to upgrade headphones real soon, save the money.

Feb 28, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #884 of 1,284
Quote:

I see myself mentioned and came as fast as I could.

Yep radiation is horrible, I grew multiple tentacles on my back on my first day there. Still can't shave the buggers off. 

Anyways, been lurking Head-Fi since...oh, around when I was 9-10 years of age. This was back when HD580s were still cool beans. Started with those, a Clip, and some Shures. Been dealing cocaine working hard to pay for gear ever since. So very much a high school audiophile. Age shall not be revealed because it makes things more interesting that way.

Obligatory gear list:
W4
CE Flex
MT300
eQ-5
3.Ai
LCD-2
HD580
HE400

Plus like 30+ (Grados, T50P) other headphones that are either gone now or not in use. And 100+ other IEMs that I don't use or are stuck in neatly tied bundles underneath the bed.

Feb 28, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #885 of 1,284
I'm a freshman in college and I'm 19 years old, so close enough :p I started getting into audio around 15 or 16, but I wouldn't consider myself an "audiophile" until I got the S500s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back