Who here is a high school audiophile?
Feb 11, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #571 of 1,284

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I am 15 and have money of my own to spend wrecklessly on my hobby and have quite a decent (incomplete) setup for being just a kid. 

Eh, we've just gotten smarter.
biggrin.gif
Like I've said before, I love how many youngish new members are showing up. Makes me look normal here now.

And SM3's don't count as a setup.
tongue_smile.gif

As a side note, HPA should convince his son to join. I mean he has a pair of inherited Lambdas...

Hey pal, I traded my K702's for the SM3's. I still have my other gear, I just don't have full sized. 

Exactly. Respect man.
Don't diss the gear.

I don't think that could have been any more sarcastic. Haha I like Alex, no dissing intended.
And I'm not dissing his SM3's, heck they cost more than all my full-sizes combined. I'm just poking fun at the fact that went from HD650's, to K702's, to the SM3's and now has no use for his Asgard until his HF1's hopefully arrive.

Feb 11, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #572 of 1,284
bcasey25raptor checking in. I'm in my high school right now typing this.

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM Post #573 of 1,284

I don't think that could have been any more sarcastic. Haha I like Alex, no dissing intended.
And I'm not dissing his SM3's, heck they cost more than all my full-sizes combined. I'm just poking fun at the fact that went from HD650's, to K702's, to the SM3's and now has no use for his Asgard until his HF1's hopefully arrive.

THAT EVIL person STILL HASN'T BEEN ONLINE!!!!!! NO HF-1's FOR ME!!!!!

The only reason I still have my Asgard is because I don't know where I'll go from here. Ortho's, Stax, other dynamics, customs, they all seem tempting. After this meet, I will know what to get. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #574 of 1,284

Quote:

THAT EVIL person STILL HASN'T BEEN ONLINE!!!!!! NO HF-1's FOR ME!!!!!

The only reason I still have my Asgard is because I don't know where I'll go from here. Ortho's, Stax, other dynamics, customs, they all seem tempting. After this meet, I will know what to get. 

Yeah, you'll pick up one of everything.

Feb 11, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #575 of 1,284
Hah, funny guy! XD

I was actually thinking about picking up a pair of Stax Lambda's normal bias and a matching adapter and of course a T-Amp as well as get a new source. Oddly enough, if I sell my SM3's and Asgard, this setup may actually cost LESS. At the meet there will be a Stax Lambda normal bias, so yeah. 
Also 2+ pairs of LCD-2's will be there. Oh no. 

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #576 of 1,284

Quote:
Hah, funny guy! XD

I was actually thinking about picking up a pair of Stax Lambda's normal bias and a matching adapter and of course a T-Amp as well as get a new source. Oddly enough, if I sell my SM3's and Asgard, this setup may actually cost LESS. At the meet there will be a Stax Lambda normal bias, so yeah. 
Also 2+ pairs of LCD-2's will be there. Oh no. 

Well if you get a pair of SR5's, a T50RP, and some random nice dynamic, you definitely could have all three and end up with some money to spare. Oh and the customs...yeah you'll need some money out of pocket for that.

Feb 12, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #577 of 1,284
M50/HD600->PA2V2.
I work with my uncle once a week and make about 160 a month. I don't get any money from my parents. I wish I could resist buying stupid crap and save so I can buy a good amp. Freshman year I probably went through a grand on food alone..no joke

Feb 13, 2011 at 2:10 AM Post #578 of 1,284
I currently have whats listed in my sig, but am planning on upgrading within the next year or so. I make my money on jobs here and there mostly computer repair. I think I am going to invest in a speaker system before upgrading my headphones setup. I want to get a Vincent audio intergrated amp I think its the SV-236 and I want to pair it up with Magnepan 1.7s and maybe upgrade my dac to the Music Streamer II+ ( or if they release the rumored replacement for the pro ). I would use this as my main listening setup with headphones becoming secondary so that I can listen at night or when my Neighbors don't want to hear it. I am thinking of getting a Burson 160 and keeping my current 702s but possibly also getting a pair of HD 800s ( I figure each one will suit a different type of music ) Of course this is going to cost a lot of money.... Not to mention I have to pay for transportation,rent,food, and collage... yeah I am going to go into debt lol

Not to mention I have a 2nd expensive hobby Photography I would like to upgrade my camera body and lenses as well. 

Feb 13, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #579 of 1,284

Equipment: AD300, HD555, 2xE5(one was given to me for free), Koss Pro DJ 100 & KSC75, Turbines, TF10 & Metro Fi 200, MEElec M6&M9, JVC Flats

Everything bought with my own money. I don't like using other's money to buy stuff. 

Feb 13, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #581 of 1,284
Jun 20, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #585 of 1,284
Just got into the hobby this last year or two. I'm 15. Loved music since I was really young though. Always knew I was different than the other kids in that respect. Hopefully getting the Grado SR325is or something close to that for school and possibly later on a nice desktop tube amp. Also in the process of changing my whole library over to .aiff. Have a lot of stuff to do. May even get my dad started up again with a nice little home rig. A couple good speakers and a turntable. Would be nice for the both of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back