Dec 10, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #543 of 1,284
Grade: 8th. Skipped preschool, entered 8th grade twelve years old
Equipment: Source: Sony BD-360 Amp: Old Pioneer CX-770 + M-770 'Phones: HD650 

Shoutout for markmaxx AKA Mark Ferris for gifting me HD650's

Dec 11, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #546 of 1,284

Grade: 10th

Gear: Nothing much yet, but I'm beginning my collection :wink:
-ATH M50
-Monster Turbine Pro Gold (coming for christmas)
-FiiO E5
-Skullcandy FMJ (I was 12 when i got these, I didnt really know what good headphones were back then)

Soon to come...
- DIY Cmoy
- DIY LOD for Iphone (or possible an iBasso CB07)

Dec 22, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #547 of 1,284
Grade: 10th

Gear: siggy. Just gettin' started, gotta budget! D:

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #548 of 1,284

Gear: ATH-M50m E5, E7, SHE9500, Klipsch Image S2, some creative surround sound speakers, Fiio LOD, Little Dot Mark 2 tube amp (coming soon i hope! if post isnt too slow).

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #549 of 1,284
And i'm saving up (saving up guts actually, since i do have the money to get them) for either a sennheiser HD650 or Fostex elctrostat (not decided which one yet)

EDIT: YES i have a pair of HD650s now! And i got them in a draw here on Headfi!

Feb 4, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #551 of 1,284
Indeed it is.

I don't usually like talking about myself, but anyways, I'm a high schooler. As long my grades stay in the 90s or so, it's not hard to ask my parents to get something. All my gear is mid-fi anyways, I don't think any sane parent would buy T1s or something for their kid...although I'm sure someone out there can easily disprove me.

When I was walking through the halls, I once overheard a student saying something along the lines of, "Yes! I got the credit - now my parents will buy me an iPod!" I shouldn't be comparing myself to other kids, but getting an iPod (probably an iPod touch, no less) just for not failing is a bit ludicrous. And yes, I do feel slightly better for having good grades to back up my fancy audio gear. It shows that I put in effort.

Feb 6, 2011 at 2:28 AM Post #552 of 1,284

Quote:
As long my grades stay in the 90s or so, it's not hard to ask my parents to get something.

My parents never buy anything for me no matter how good my grade is :frowning2: However, they will let me buy anything as long as I save my own money and is not illegal. 

Quote:
I don't think any sane parent would buy T1s or something for their kid...although I'm sure someone out there can easily disprove me.

It depends on a lot of factors and how much money your parents have. I go to a private school so a lot of my classmates owns several expensive stuff which their parents bought for them. One of my friend has as Alienware mx17 which cost around 4000$ and he always buys a new phone every month. His parents owns a big company so they are able to buy everything he wants. On the other hand, I have to save my own money to buy the HD 800 and yes, Im still in highschool.

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:38 AM Post #553 of 1,284
started my path down the darkside when I asked for (and received) a pair of Sennheiser HD 455's for Christmas when I was 15 (also my only gift that year :p )... they lasted me a good four years (and probably would have longer if I took better care of them). One of the nicest sounding headphones of its type I think I have ever heard.

Then when they kicked the bucket I went looking for a "replacement" pair, stumbled across a pair of HD 590's at the shop I was at which were like 5 times the cost at the time, and saved *every* penny from my part-time job (no rent helped a lot) for the next 2 weeks and bought them - and 11 years (and many repairs) later, they are still functional! Finally broke down and bought a pair of HD 595's, but those headphones still hold a place in my heart (and I still take them out once in a while).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back