Who has used the Peachtree Nova 300 as a headphone amp?
Jun 17, 2017 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Nicholas Seltzer

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in the process of upgrading some stuff and I'm really, really tempted to go for the Nova 300 because it just seems to do a great job at so many things. But my alternative is to the route of separate components, including a Schiit Gungnir MB and Mjolnir 2 stack.

I want both an excellent speaker and headphone experience, but honestly headphones are probably my priority. Only problem is I can't really test a Gimby/Mjolnir stack, you know. The Peachtree sounded much better than my Jotunheim or NFB11 with my LCD-2s, but I'd really like to know how it compares with something in the $1500-2000 range.

Any experiences and comparisons with the Nova 300 are very, very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Jun 18, 2017 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 3
I'm in the process of upgrading some stuff and I'm really, really tempted to go for the Nova 300 because it just seems to do a great job at so many things. But my alternative is to the route of separate components, including a Schiit Gungnir MB and Mjolnir 2 stack.

I want both an excellent speaker and headphone experience, but honestly headphones are probably my priority. Only problem is I can't really test a Gimby/Mjolnir stack, you know. The Peachtree sounded much better than my Jotunheim or NFB11 with my LCD-2s, but I'd really like to know how it compares with something in the $1500-2000 range.

Any experiences and comparisons with the Nova 300 are very, very welcome.

Thanks in advance.
I use the Nova 300 on my desktop with computer and it is an amazing piece with both speakers and headphones. I've used it with Elac Debut B6, and B&W 685S2. I like the 685's a little better, but the B6's have great soundstage and clarity. I have not felt the need to add a sub yet.

As far as the headphone output, I believe it is a little picky, but it does have great synergy with two of my favorite headphones, the LCD-XC and the ZMF Eikon. Both of those sound sublime through the Nova 300. I didn't like it with the Elear so much. I also have the Jotunheim on another setup and I perceive the Nova 300 to be a bit smoother. I prefer the sound on the Jotunheim, but I like the flexibility of the Nova. I plug in my turntable and PS4 and have everything I want in front of me.

Jan 11, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #3 of 3
Hi,

I'm also ready to order the Nova 300 as an "all in one solution"

I come from separates from Nuprime 9 series or Audio-GDs ( DAC/preamp/headamp/power amp) and got a good performance from these. But I'm tired of trying to upgrade with one or another equipment, hearing something wrong, and don't know from which unit (or cable...) it come from... According to reviews, head amp or DAC on Nova 300 are both great for an integrated... which is also more powerful than most individual power amps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back