Who has the Sennheiser MX W1!?!?
Jul 8, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #16 of 70
maybe a set of ETY8 or the bluestreamer from jays is a better option, the idea of single piece headphones, especialy biking or exercising, one might fly off, it might be better to convert to bluetooth a normal headset or have something with basic wiring or connection between the two sides,

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:52 AM Post #18 of 70
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

you made me laugh with your "ugly person" adjective :p

I would not mind spending that amount of money on truly great sounding wireless freedom... guess I will need to wait until my next visit to the US and see if any sennheiser dealer carries them... only imagine having no cords, just my D2 + adapter on my pocket and yes sir!... I would be a happy man!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #19 of 70
Just got the MX W1's and have to say that they sound pretty amazing. The clarity of these phones are amazing. I own the Ety 8's also and have to say the MX W1's are a step up. I have only worn them to the gym so far and have not had them fall out once. My only concern is that in my ears I don't get a great fit. So they lack bass response. Not a bad trade off for the quality of sound though. I am a sales person in the Hearing and Balance field, so I may get a set of custom molds made for them. Very lucky in the sense that I can get them made free. I hope this will help with the base response. Overall I am very pleased I got these.

David

Jul 21, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #20 of 70
Anyone kind enough to provide a photo of the unit, attached to their ears?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #21 of 70
Hey Mazinger, good to see another head fier from Costa Rica... altough that's strange, as you know, many people in our country think that $40 earphones are extremely expensive!!

Jul 22, 2008 at 8:52 AM Post #22 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Mazinger, good to see another head fier from Costa Rica... altough that's strange, as you know, many people in our country think that $40 earphones are extremely expensive!!

I'm pretty sure that there is no country in the world where most of the people think that $40 earphones aren't expensive, let alone buying an aftermarket one.

Earphonesolutions.com just dropped the price to $499 with free shipping. Might be a good time to get it if you can't wait for somebody to sell it cheaper second hand.

I'm pretty much going to drop the ball, mainly because of Jude's high praise for this product. I'm hoping it will give me a higher SQ than my Triple.fi, especially in terms of soundstage and treble
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #23 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by jma790 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pura vida mae, si queres probar mi RSA Tomahawk es cosa de ponernos de acuerdo, tengo rato de no usarlo... ya que nunca compre un buen mini-mini... es mas. Cualquier cosa me avisas y nos ponemos de acuerdo
smily_headphones1.gif
... cotice con la gente de AudioCinema y pueden traer el MX-W1.. saldria en 650 USD ya puesto aca...

Saludos!

Jul 22, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #24 of 70
Pura vida mae, ahi despues nos ponemos de acuerdo para ver si talvez me lo prestás, gracias por la oferta. Lo que si me encantaría ver que tal son esos MX, se ven bastante útiles. Aunque estuve viendo, y los Sleek Audio 6, que dicen que suenan muy bien, están a punto de integrar esa tecnología. Lo lindo de los SA6 es que son una miniatura, y sin cable ni se notarían.
En todo caso, ahi nos dices si te trajistes los Senn. Cuanto cuestan normalmente? (y como odio el 50% de impuesto de nuestro país en estas cosas)

Dec 17, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #27 of 70
Yup...I just received them. I purchased them from j&R.com for 399.00 free shipping and I've had them on for about 1 hour and I gotta say...these definitely are lossless. One point of interest for all who are interested...these are 2.4ghz RF using Kleer technology...they retain the Sennheiser detail and bass and look ma...no wires...It's a little early for an objective opinion but so far...love 'em...I'm trying them on different setups....tried the following:

ipod in wadia itransport->dac1->GS-1->transmitter->cloud(RF)->mx-w1s....oh yeah baby

ipod->RSA Hornet->Transmitter->cloud(RF)->MX-W1s...these things shine

Dec 19, 2008 at 7:24 PM Post #30 of 70
Admittedly I have not heard these phones but I believe that Kleer Audio has become somewhat outdated since bluetooth V2.0 + EDR units are available (up to 3 mbit/s nominal transmission rate) which are a *huge* step up in audio quality from the former bluetooth V1.x units.

I have the bluestreamer v2 which sounds great except somewhat noisy when no music is playing. Even better is the Sony HBH-DS220 which sounds excellent while being dead quiet between songs. And last but not least my current wireless killer-combo consisting of Sony HBH-DS220 plus FiiO E5
atsmile.gif

All of the above coming way cheaper than Kleer Audio based solutions plus I can use any phone I like. Still some wires between receiver and ears, though.

Sorry, forgot to mention sources (rookie error):
- Sony Ericsson w950i phone
- Philips SA5285BT
- iPod Classic 160GB + BLUENEXT lineout transmitter
(all sources bluetooth v2.0 + EDR)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back