Who has the Sennheiser MX W1!?!?
Jun 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

mazinger

Head-Fier
it is in the market now...

Am I the only one that is looking to buy one?... price is high I know... but convenience is high as well (at least for me)..

no cables at the gym, or when biking, running, moving around... plus excellent sound (hope so!)...

so please... anyone who's got one... please let me know your impressions (any real pics would be great!)
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 70
Drop the excellent sound point... You won´t reach proper in-ear phones with bluetooth headphones at all. And I don´t think anything good of Sennheisers in-ear solutions, because they are just basswhores.

By the way, I also had some bluetooth headphones and they weren´t realy loud and the accu just lasted arround 4-5 hours
(Saitek A-350), but as you said, for gym they were awesome. Just don´t forget your MP3 player when moving arround in the gym
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by div /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drop the excellent sound point... You won´t reach proper in-ear phones with bluetooth headphones at all.

but the beauty of these headphones is that they are NOT bluetooth, they are a new technology that is more advanced than bluetooth and it supposed to sounds much better.

Jun 27, 2008 at 5:47 PM Post #6 of 70
I was looking into buying these around the original release date of May 08, but there are no retailer that I know of that carries it. No mention of when it'll actually be selling.

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #7 of 70
that is right, no bluetooth... you can use them with ANY portable device... just plug in the small adapter to the headphone jack and voila!, great sound wirelessly :wink:

so... seems like almost nobody's got them
frown.gif

hey!, people!.... if you have these phones... please take a minute and let us know what you think!
cool.gif

Jun 29, 2008 at 5:36 PM Post #8 of 70
I am interested in these as well, but not at $550. It would be cool if they rivaled higher end universal iems, but I have my doubts. Regardless, I cannot stand wires and hope for positive reviews on these.

On a side note, I don't really find them all that much better looking that the Ety8.

Jul 7, 2008 at 6:40 AM Post #9 of 70
so... nobody has them??
confused.gif

PS/ they have been selling through Amazon for a couple of weeks (last friday they where sold out and available for preorder...)

Jul 7, 2008 at 10:57 AM Post #10 of 70
offering in 500usd ,brand new (including everthing but box)

zhibli06@Gmail.com

shipping from japan

email me ,and i will email the pics i have back to ya

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #12 of 70
Just to note, the wireless add-on coming out for the Sleek SA6 uses the same Kleer technology as the MX W1.

Depending on the pricing of the addon, it may be a cheaper way to get high quality wireless. The phones themselves go for 200 shipped (in the US at least).

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:29 PM Post #13 of 70
^ I recall hearing that the Kleer wireless add-on for the SA6 gets around 10 hours on a single charge. IMO, that's not too shabby at all.

Jul 7, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #14 of 70
Thanks for the review, wayfarer.

Though Kleer is quite promising, using an earbud with no isolation and short battery life (plus a premium price) probably isn't what I have in mind as an idea portable gear. Sennheiser could have coupled the wireless technology with their IE8.

I guess I will wait for Sleek Audio's wireless adapter instead.

Jul 8, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #15 of 70
thanks a lot for all the details, I thought the battery life was higher as somewhere I remember reading that Kleer technology had the benefit of better sound and better battery life than bluetooth earphones.

@Wayfarer
I really appreciate you taking the time and writing your post + the photos.... do you happen to have some pictures of an actual person (doesn't have to be you!) wearing them?..

@zhibli06
good to know you have them for sale. I am from Costa Rica and if I import them I would need to add 50% in taxes so I will wait until my next trip to the US to see if I can buy one (or wait some months for any good wireless new product)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back