Who got the latest headphile V3XD (Deal 7)?
Nov 20, 2008 at 12:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

XXII

Headphoneus Supremus
I it was gone before I noticed! What was the description?

I can't tell from the pic but is it covered in leather like the L3000?

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #2 of 5
I did. It is a VXD3.1 Leather. According to Larry, it's the deepest XD he have made.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #3 of 5
It was Black leather, and even larger (deeper) than the std X-Deeps. He has 4 O-rings on each cup.

Oh, and not done as the limited A.T. 'phones like L3000 - their leather is 2 pieces stitched to size/fit - these were done as one piece, presumably thin leather dampened and stretched to fit over the shape.

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 5
how often does this deal come up?

Nov 21, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 5
The deals come up whenever Larry is in the mood. There is no definite regularity........and definitely, not all are Darths or variations on Darths - you can always order Terminators, or v.3 Darths. The dealpage is still the only way to get the X-Deep Darths.........or special woods in the other models. He has traditionally used components from other makers to build unique headphones........he's always ready to experiment. I think even he has surprised himself with the success of Darthbeyers. I have 5 pairs based on four distinctly different variations (besides my 2 stock top model Grado's). There is still much to learn about Darthing, Grasshopper.
You should also heed Silverrain, and Skylab on this subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back