Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
Try getting an automated price quote
tongue.gif

pure genius.

Apr 1, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by pawlowski6132
I was just reading Todd's thread regarding the sale.

There sure is lots of excitement about these headphones. What's the big deal? Are they really that good? Can't I buy them from another Grado dealer??

Not having heard them yet, I can't comment on their sound, but I'll be able to soon
biggrin.gif

They are a limited edition, the Head-Fi 1. They are a combination of wood and plastic for the housing, with unique drivers too. The first 451 sets were sold here over a few months (from what I gather, they were gone before I got here) and have gained somewhat legendary status. One part of that due to their excellent sound, and another part due to their exclusivity, since until today's sale, they had been sold out and going for significantly higher prices than what they originally sold for.

Chris

Apr 1, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #21 of 42
I think I'll start another thread of people who DIDN'T get a set. I can't imagine why they wouldn't make more of these since there is a crazy amount of interest. This is the worst business model over. It's called supply and demand.

Apr 1, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #22 of 42
...I really thought about trying to get one, but as I definitely don't have the money right now, I guess I'll have to wait for the next chance...
frown.gif

But considering they were all sold within a second, I don't think I would have made it anyway
rolleyes.gif

Leo

Apr 1, 2006 at 10:34 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I think I'll start another thread of people who DIDN'T get a set. I can't imagine why they wouldn't make more of these since there is a crazy amount of interest. This is the worst business model over. It's called supply and demand.

Keep in mind that it's a special edition at a very special price. I don't think, John wants to do business with the HF-1. What's more, there still are SR-225, RS-1 and many other nice cans for you to get.

Apr 1, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Grado is an enthusiest's company, they make things like this and they sound the way the owner wants them to sound...yes, some of their things might not make them very efficient on the business side (why don't they re-release the HP1000 is a good example) but this also makes them lovable(to some)-even if they break the heart of potential customers like me.

Apr 1, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
Grado is an enthusiest's company, they make things like this and they sound the way the owner wants them to sound...yes, some of their things might not make them very efficient on the business side (why don't they re-release the HP1000 is a good example) but this also makes them lovable(to some)-even if they break the heart of potential customers like me.

I agree with you entirely, it's just it's a kick in the knickers when they discontinue a popular model. Maybe we'll see some HF-2s. It would only make sense if they started it at HF-1s, not HFs.

Apr 1, 2006 at 11:01 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

I agree with you entirely, it's just it's a kick in the knickers when they discontinue a popular model. Maybe we'll see some HF-2s. It would only make sense if they started it at HF-1s, not HFs.

Well there was never a PS-2, yet Grado stilled named their pro series, PS-1 right?

Apr 2, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #28 of 42
Wow, that was close!

#421 here, so I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Pressed the confirm button at about 1:59:45 or so (by accident!) I thought the button would take me to the next page to double check the credit card information and address, but it said: "Thank you for your order". - so after that I was very very upset, and didn't even check my email for a long time, because there was no point; I thought.

Maybe I was meant to have these? Anyway, needless to say, I am pretty happy. Don't know how I'm going to pay my parents back this money, but I think they understood.

Apr 2, 2006 at 12:53 AM Post #29 of 42
I didn't make the short list.
plainface.gif
Disappointed would be an understatement, but so is life so I'll roll with the punches. Well, I feel a bit better getting it off my chest.

Anyway, I placed my confirmed order at exactly 12:00:00 PM Mountain Time on Todd's site, but I didn't take into account the Paypal payment option would be the final time stamp. Those few extra seconds killed my chances. . .

I've been thinking about drowning my sorrow by purchasing a pair of RS-1s.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 2, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #30 of 42
Quote:

I agree with you entirely, it's just it's a kick in the knickers when they discontinue a popular model.

Well, it's not so much that it was discontinued, it's the fact they were supposed to be a limited production to begin with. Not only that, it was originally supposed to be around 250 to 300 and at the end, 450+ were made so yes, more were made to satisfy the extra demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back