who got an HF1 about 45 minutes ago?
Apr 1, 2006 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

ayt999

Headphoneus Supremus
so Todd said order numbers 420 to 440 were the lucky fellows (someone cancelled apparently). I got these ones from the recent HF1 sales thread.

420 -
421 - Phoebus06
422 - utarch00
423 -
424 - k9monami
425 - skyline889
426 - CookieFactory
427 -
428 -
429 - fikete
430 - yellafella321
431 -
432 -
433 -
434 - goalie35
435 - Coffeegeek
436 - y0da
437 -
438 - GarlicKnots
439 - TheBoxesPlace
440 - spaceconvoy

so who else got the very last of the last HF1's?
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #3 of 42
440 here. Todd emailed me that there was a cancelation, so I've got one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddyshack
What an incredible Cinderella story, this unknown comes outta no where to lead the pack, at Augusta. He's on his final hole, he's about 455 yards away - he's gonna hit about a two-iron I think. Oh he got all of that one! The crowd is standing on its feet here, the normally reserved Augusta crowd - going wild - for this young Cinderella, he's come outta no where, he's got about 350 yards left, he's gonna hit about a five-iron, don't you think? He's got a beautiful backswing - that's - Oh he got all of that one! He's gotta be pleased with that, the crowd is just on its feet here, uh - He's the Cinderella boy, uh - tears in his eyes I guess as he lines up this last shot, he's got about 195 yards left, he's got about a - its looks like he's got about an eight-iron. This crowd has gone deathly silent, the Cinderella story, outta no where, a former greenskeeper now - about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac - It's in the Hole!

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 42
Already up there as #435. I can't wait to hear them!

I'm honestly really surprised that I made it in, as I didn't realize that his server was a little fast. I waited until I saw 11:59:58 at time.gov and then I went over and pressed the button. It took forever! Ok, not really forever, but at least 20-30 seconds, before it returned with my order information. I'm dancing a little jig!

Chris

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #5 of 42
The key was finding out what time Todd's webserver is synchronized to. The last sale (attempt) I noticed Todd's website was about 3 seconds off from my time. This time around it was a whopping 13 seconds. Knowing this, I just clicked "confirm" at 1:59:47 (eastern time).

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
The key was finding out what time Todd's webserver is synchronized to. The last sale (attempt) I noticed Todd's website was about 3 seconds off from my time. This time around it was a whopping 13 seconds. Knowing this, I just clicked "confirm" at 1:59:47 (eastern time).

Looks like I was very lucky. I just assumed it was set to the atomic clock time.

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #7 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the time stamp from his site? I looked online last week for information about this (since I didn't see something obvious like an auto refresh timestamp at the bottom of the page) and couldn't find out any way to tell what his server's time was.

Chris

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
440 here. Todd emailed me that there was a cancelation, so I've got one!

Congratulations to everyone on the list but especialy to spaceconvoy.
icon10.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:17 PM Post #12 of 42
For some very odd reason, I got #459. Not that I'm complaining. And BTW I was one of the 3 that got through the first time.
tongue.gif

Heh, that was the serial number of the phones, not the order number. Doh

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ernie II
For some very odd reason, I got #459. Not that I'm complaining. And BTW I was one of the 3 that got through the first time.
tongue.gif

how is that odd? there were 451 HF1's sold through the original sale. todd got 22 extra ones to sell as part of this sale, and I bet he randomly picked three from that batch to ship out to the people that got through last week.

btw, if you are referring to the numbers I have in the first post, those are order numbers given out automatically by todd's new website and has nothing to do with HF1 serial numbers.

Apr 1, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #15 of 42
I was just reading Todd's thread regarding the sale.

There sure is lots of excitement about these headphones. What's the big deal? Are they really that good? Can't I buy them from another Grado dealer??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back