Who gets stuff from dealextreme?
Jun 13, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #16 of 30
I bought my E3's (multiple) and my E5 from them, and a bundled low-end IEM. Everything came slowly, and in good condition and fine working order. When I'm looking for downright cheap (decent quality) items, which I don't want to become more expensive with "S&H" fees, and I'm in no particular rush to get them, dealextreme's my "go-to" place. Others' mileage HAS varied.

I very much enjoy the humor of it. When I don't want S&H to drive up the price of otherwise cheap items, I order them shipped from Hong Kong. But, that's the deal offered by dealextreme.

Jun 13, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 30
Their shipping seems very slow, 3 to 4 weeks to me.

Still, I've gotten some decent gadgets from them. Nice LED flashlights, button cell batteries, a cell phone case, screen protectors, mini screwdrivers, usb cable.

I will continue to buy inexpensive odds and ends from them but would hesitate to risk any of their "high end" gear.

Anyone else having trouble accessing their website the last few days?

Jun 14, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #19 of 30
I love buying crap from them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is a very legitimate reason and it is not the fault of DX. Not to go into the political side of the argument, but Chinese government requires all their ISP to filter out certain domains and I.P. ranges. There is nothing the user can do about it. For example, blogger (and the servers that host it) is entirely blocked.

we can't discuss politics, but its NOT legit by any thinking person's view.

these are photo sites. flicker. you know, world wide stuff that just shows pics!

if they want to do business, they need to adapt to how the modern world does business.

anyway, I won't deal with those guys again. not worth the hassle and the time it takes to photo things, fill out their web forms, return things and pay shipping both ways, etc.

if you luck out, fine. but the value of a seller is when things go bad, not when they are running just fine. these guys are a royal PITA to deal with.

Jun 14, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we can't discuss politics, but its NOT legit by any thinking person's view.

if they want to do business, they need to adapt to how the modern world does business.

anyway, I won't deal with those guys again. not worth the hassle and the time it takes to photo things, fill out their web forms, return things and pay shipping both ways, etc.

But you're still missing the point. It's not DXs fault that they have a firewall in front of their browsing experience. So...it is a legitimate excuse on their part that they cannot see your images.

You have to understand who you're dealing with DX has great buys on interesting little gadgety things. I mean, video pens? How much did you spend on these and for that price you expected them to work like in a james bond movie?

If you are saying that it is too much hassle to deal with the Chinese, and "they" have to adapt, consider the size of the Chinese domestic economy and look a little closer at what's happening in Africa and South Asia. You might find that the Chinese business community is actually the largest and most prosperous on earth. Ever heard of the Silk Route? These guys practically invented global trade. Do you have any idea of how and why Hong Kong came to be what it is? Opium Wars? Any history?

/rant

DealExtreme has some cool stuff and they have been pretty reliable for me. Slowish shipping. But with everything, consider what you're paying for it. Great values, generally. I surf there every few weeks.

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #25 of 30
For the past week or so, I haven't even been able to get to their website...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back