Who eats ice cream by the pint (500ml)?
Jan 21, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #46 of 58
I'm lactose intolerant - albeit only in North America- so if I were to eat ice cream by the pint I'd squit by the gallon.
confused_face.gif
tongue_smile.gif
:bigsmile_face :

That said I often hanker for a scoop or two of the Walls Raspberry Ripple I remember from being a kid.
Now that stuff I could suck back b y the box load
Alas that was then.
frown.gif

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #47 of 58
Yuck. I hardly ever eat ice cream, let alone an entire pint of it.

Jan 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #50 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you guys know that you that you can call something a pint even though it's not an actual pint and the product itself doesn't have any reference to imperial measure?

rolleyes.gif

EK

Such as? Anyway, I see I am talking to a Brit whom still use the archaic stone as a measurement of weight. <rolls eyes> BTW, how do you know what each stone weighs exactly?

Jan 21, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #52 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Such as? Anyway, I see I am talking to a Brit whom still use the archaic stone as a measurement of weight. <rolls eyes> BTW, how do you know what each stone weighs exactly?

Why exactly are you trying to start an internet fight about measurement systems in an ice cream thread on a headphone forum? I don't see the logic here. There is absolutely no reason for it

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #54 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You really didn't understand my post...

I'm not sure what your problem is, and I don't care. Don't come to my reality and insult my "archaic" imperial measure. I'm sure your reality is so much better, but us non-shifting humans do just fine thank you.

How much does each stone weigh?

stonehengepb1.jpg

Why don't you come find out?

wink.gif

EK

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:44 PM Post #56 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why exactly are you trying to start an internet fight about measurement systems in an ice cream thread on a headphone forum? I don't see the logic here. There is absolutely no reason for it

confused_face(1).gif
Wow, talk about lost in translation. I was just being facetious and not trying to start a fight. Even the comment about stone weight measurement was tongue-in-cheek, I am actually a Brit too and wouldn't try to start a fight with my own countrymen.

Jan 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #58 of 58
I used to. I mentioned to a spiritual advisor once around 15+ yrs ago that once I took my first bite I couldn't stop until I was finished with the pint. He said that if I couldn't control and enjoy my ice cream eating that I would eventually have to give it up. For yrs I practiced stopping at exactly 1/2 a pint. Now adays I have one or two scoops and I am grateful for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back