Who Consideres there selves Audiophiles?
Dec 31, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 95
sorta, because alot of the time i listen to my equipment, but most of the time im lsitening to my equipment playing my music. im never really 100% about the music or 100% about the equipment, i always fall somewhere in between.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #3 of 95
I'm hesitant at times to call myself an audiophile because of the stupidity that's associated with being an audiophile.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #4 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hesitant at times to call myself an audiophile because of the stupidity that's associated with being an audiophile.

QFT

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #5 of 95
Quote:

I can see where you get that from but when you call yourself an Audiophile really only you should know that and if your embaressed about yourself then just stop and throw all your audio equipment out.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 95
I don't care enough about my equipment to be considered an audiophile. I mean, I treat it meticulously, but the actual stuff isn't the stuff of sonic legends.

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #7 of 95
Quote:

QFT x 2

There's a reason most people think audiophiles are crazy. Spending as much money on an amp as a car for that last 10% increase in SQ. I reckon audiophiles have a much higher divorce rate too (jk)

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #8 of 95
I'd never consider myself an audiophile, altho I like good quality music, I'm not one to be able to tell the difference between Great, and Awesome...they sound the same to me.

Sure I know what sounds bad, and what good, but that's why I come here, to get you head-fi'ers opinions on things, which I know I wouldn't be able to myself because I'd be looking for all the wrong things. xD

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #9 of 95
I think the fact that we're on this site and have more then one pair of headphones means we're all audiophiles!!!
eggosmile.gif
I'm probably a really bad one, as I've been hanging out here a lot, listen to a lot of music now, and have spend a LOT of money on gear in a short time!!!
eggosmile.gif
But it's worth it
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #10 of 95
Yeah Dave, you're like a posterboy for audiophilia.
tongue.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 95
I think once you spend over $1,000 on headphones and an amp you should be considered an AudioPhilmywallet!

From Webster Dictionary

audiophile
One entry found for audiophile.

Main Entry: au·dio·phile
Pronunciation: 'o-dE-O-"fI(-&)l
Function: noun
[size=medium]: a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction [/size]

I guess we all are I change my Vote!

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:57 PM Post #12 of 95
I don't have the ear for being an audiophile. I was able to tell very large differences between my old Bose Triport with no amp, to my DT 880 with headroom amp but a lot of the stuff I hear differences in, I can't really put into words. I would like to learn about how to increase my ability to hear, but to be honest I can tell I'm noticing more subtle sounds in music now that I never heard before, even using speakers and not the DT 880.

*shrug* I'm still a beginner of all this, but I love music, so that's where my focus is in now
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 31, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #13 of 95
Actually then.. by definition I'm not an audiophile since I'm not after faithful sound reproduction.
blink.gif

-------------------------

Main Entry:high fidelity
Function:noun
: the reproduction of an effect (as sound or an image) that is very faithful to the original

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #14 of 95
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think once you spend over $1,000 on headphones and an amp you should be considered an AudioPhilmywallet!

From Webster Dictionary

audiophile
One entry found for audiophile.

Main Entry: au·dio·phile
Pronunciation: 'o-dE-O-"fI(-&)l
Function: noun
[size=medium]: a person who is enthusiastic about high-fidelity sound reproduction [/size]

I guess we all are I change my Vote!

Well if it's that I guess I am.

Dec 31, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #15 of 95
Yeah, I consider myself an audiophile.

Taken literally, the word means "lover of music." As for the gear, it's all about knowing where the point of diminishing returns is. And further, not giving a crap about that "last 3%" if you're already deeply enjoying the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back