Who are the most respected "Golden Ears" on this Forum?
Jul 28, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #2 of 19
Nobody really.
tongue.gif
Anyways, you would probably be better off asking in the DIY forum, since a lot of those guys have experience in designing/building amps.

Jul 28, 2005 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 19
Joe Grado, the ultimate ninja lurker of Head-fi?
lambda.gif

Jul 28, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 19
eeeeh, that was almost funny. To give a serious answer, if you want a DIYer for a solid state amp, thrice over @ rockhopper audio makes nice designs imho, or you can see with Kevin Gilmore himself also, maybe he'd be willing to build one if you're willing to pay the price.

Jul 28, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #7 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgardner
I am interested in knowing who some of the most respected Golden Ear types are on the forum and which of them would be interested in working on a new solid state amplification design project.

Not much of a reputation here, but my ears are very critical. More than three decades of surviving through boosters will do that to a person. I'd be happy to help out with anything you are working on.

Dan

Jul 29, 2005 at 12:32 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgardner
I am interested in knowing who some of the most respected Golden Ear types are on the forum and which of them would be interested in working on a new solid state amplification design project.

I nominate ayt999.

He has alot of high end gear to be able to be used with and compared to the new project amp. Just enough DIY experience to be more knowledgeable for troubleshooting help.

Oh, and he has a good sense of hearing too.

Do you want hearing tests for proof as well?

I do have results from my most recent hearing test.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Jul 29, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #11 of 19
I have to nominate Tom Hankins. He was a very good friend of mine and he has been an audiophile for over 2 decades. His Sony SCD-1 and Audio Aero DAC is nothing short of spectacular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back