Who all will be watching the 88th running of the INDY 500?
May 28, 2004 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
Of course, I will! What do you think AGR stands for? [size=large]Andretti Green Racing![/size]

Andretti Green Racing's Drivers...

[size=small]Tony Kanaan - Brazil[/size]
[size=small]Dario Franchitti - Scotland[/size]
[size=small]Dan Wheldon - England[/size]
[size=small]Bryan Herta - USA[/size]

May 28, 2004 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
...Have either been there, or watched all but one of the Indy races, since Sachs/McDonald disaster....

Whoa! You remember that? I was 10 years old, living outside of Indianapolis in Lawerence. I will never forget that horrific accident!!

Check out this link!
http://www.indymotorspeedway.com/500d-64.htm

May 28, 2004 at 2:46 PM Post #4 of 10
Yeah, before I was ever a Head-Fi er, I was a race fan...we used to go to IRP the night before INDY, and watch Mario and AJ beat on each other in borrowed Sprint cars...registered like "Joe Hotshoe" and "Bill Wayfast", cause their sponsors wouldn't like/let them race in those races.

Have pictures of Mario in his rookie year...

Our family made two trips a year, no matter where we lived...one to the USGP in Watkins Glen, and one to Indy. I'd been going since I was about five, but I remember from that race...

May 28, 2004 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Yeah, before I was ever a Head-Fi er, I was a race fan...we used to go to IRP the night before INDY, and watch Mario and AJ beat on each other in borrowed Sprint cars...registered like "Joe Hotshoe" and "Bill Wayfast", cause their sponsors wouldn't like/let them race in those races.

Have pictures of Mario in his rookie year...

Our family made two trips a year, no matter where we lived...one to the USGP in Watkins Glen, and one to Indy. I'd been going since I was about five, but I remember from that race...

Yeah! I remember going over to Eldora, Rossburg, and Raceway Park in Indy as a kid. The sprints were great! Now; I live outside of Memphis. But; I have been to the US Grand Prix (2000), and last year we went over to Nashville for the IRL night race. And; we just got our tickets for this years race. That is a great event!

Check out my Motorsport Collection.... I am a huge Mario and Michael Fan!!
http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showt...ort+collection

May 28, 2004 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 10
NICE collection! I remember all those! And you are a Beer Lover! We oughta meet sometime!

I'm getting old....I remember Jim Hurtibise racing before he got burned...

I remember and loved those old Champ cars.....

May 28, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

NICE collection! I remember all those! And you are a Beer Lover! We oughta meet sometime!

I'm getting old....I remember Jim Hurtibise racing before he got burned...

I remember and loved those old Champ cars.....

Thanks!!
cool.gif
Ha! Well; I just turned 50. I do remember Hurtibise, though. Absolutely!

Indeed! I also co-host a Radio Show "Brew Line", which is all about Beer!!!

check out the website... www.brewline.net

May 28, 2004 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 10
Yup, though I'll tape it--I hate commercials. I hope it is not a fuel economy race this year...

May 28, 2004 at 5:40 PM Post #9 of 10
I will be watching on Sunday. I still remember the days of listening to the race on the radio during the day while we grilled out, and then watching the delayed broadcast on ABC in the evening. We are in N.W. Indiana and were covered in the live broadcast blackout.

The wife and I will be headed to Indy later in the month for our main passion, the F1 race.

A_Sr.

May 28, 2004 at 5:49 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Absorbine_Sr
The wife and I will be headed to Indy later in the month for our main passion, the F1 race.

A_Sr.

Giddy Up!!!! Formula One! I have loved it my entire life. We were there in 2000 for the Grand Prix! What a weekend! My wife met Mario that weekend! And; he signed the 'Mario Andretti - Driver of the Century' shirt I was wearing - ha! I actually first met him the week before at Gateway Intl. at the CART race that year.

Here she is with Mario. This was taken on that Friday morning before the F1 practice began. Mario was there driving for the Infineon Porsche Supercup team in the support race for the GP.
47b2d928b3127cce9e98d7c0f95d0000003610

Users who are viewing this thread

Back