White Pro700MK2?
Jan 22, 2012 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MrNurse

100+ Head-Fier
Where can I find white Pro700MK2???
eek.gif

I've been considering the Pro700MK2, but I'm not fond of the looks. I've always like cans w/gold accents or all white cans.
If I can't find white Pro700MK2's, I'll try to find the Anniversary edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iykvOa-vzjY&feature=player_embedded#!

Mar 6, 2012 at 3:40 AM Post #2 of 11
I would definitely buy the white ones over the black, but I think they discontinued the white one.  I'm not really sure why.. I find the original too eh.  
frown.gif
 Hopefully, one day, they'll rerelease it.  Until then, I'll stick to other headphones 

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 11
Are you sure it's Mark 2 instead of Mark 1?  I have a friend who has the white Mark 1, but I hadn't heard of white Mark 2s.  Is this the one in question?  I think the originals are more neutral, and he uses them for mixing live sound.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 11
Yea, a rep from Audio-Technica told me that it was actually the Pro700 that they released in white. The pro700mk2 only comes in black and the anniversary black/gold. 

Do you think the Pro700 sounds similar to the ATH-M50?

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:32 PM Post #5 of 11
Yea, I realized later on that they the MK1 was the only one released in white.
MK1 was also released in gold.

I guess AT decided to be boring...minus the expensive AE black/gold.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 11
Audio Technica is releasing a white PRO700MK2 later this year. And, if you think of getting a white one they suck bad. Why? Oxidation. It will turn those white beauties into yellow. And, when the pads break up, where are going to get white pad replacement? None, you'll be forced to put on the black pads. All-white, then black pads that's ugly.

How should I know? I have a white PRO700WH

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
Audio Technica is releasing a white PRO700MK2 later this year. And, if you think of getting a white one they suck bad. Why? Oxidation. It will turn those white beauties into yellow. And, when the pads break up, where are going to get white pad replacement? None, you'll be forced to put on the black pads. All-white, then black pads that's ugly.

How should I know? I have a white PRO700WH

I was afraid of this.  How long did you have it before it started turning yellow and are you sure it's not like the oil from your hair plus sweat stains
blink.gif
? Also, where did you hear about the white Pro700MK2?

Mar 7, 2012 at 2:30 AM Post #8 of 11

I was afraid of this.  How long did you have it before it started turning yellow and are you sure it's not like the oil from your hair plus sweat stains 
blink.gif
? Also, where did you hear about the white Pro700MK2?

I've been to Japan a couple of weeks ago. Visited the Audio-Technica company store. It is there on display along with the white M50. It is still not in production. My Pro700 started to get yellowish about 3-4 months, it is certainly not sweat because the whole headband is like that including the ear cups. My head is not touching the upper part of the headband for sure.

Same with the white Sennheiser Adidas they turn yellowish, I even tried to bleach and buffer it with very fine sandpaper, no use. So I decided not to get anything white. Anything that is exposed to fluorescent lighting, sunlight, and oxygen turns yellow for sure, unless it is coated like those glossy Macbooks.

White electronics is simply a no-no. Glossy white will get scratched, while matted white will turn yellow.

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #9 of 11
I havnt heard about that happen to the white VMODA LPs.

Mar 7, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #10 of 11
Here's the Vmodas, and if I pair them side-by-side with a new one, if I can borrow one, you'll notice the difference immediately. Of course, if you have no comparison, your eyes will get used to it, and you'll think that there's no color change.

Probably the white Pro700Mk2s could be exclusively in Japan only. Since visiting the AT-store in Japan, there's probably hundred of headphones there that you can't name that you don't see in worldwide releases. There's even a gold M50 there just like the PRO700GD

Mar 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #11 of 11
Ah, I can see the yellow-ish tint.  I hate how a lot of the Audio-Technica headphones are only limited to Japan.  Eh, I guess they lost a customer 
frown.gif
.. definitely don't want to spend 30 dollars for shipping from Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back