White Flag.
Nov 27, 2004 at 7:21 PM Post #16 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
If you are getting your FLAC files from CD they will be 16b/44KHz anyway and you'd have to upsample them to get to 96KHz, which to me sounds a bit worse than straight 44KHz. I can tell no difference between EAC/FLAC/foobar2000 compared to iTunes/ALAC for my CD rips. foobar2000 does sound a tiny bit better for lossy files since it can put out 24bits, but it's not huge by any means. I started using iTunes again (used it a year ago but stopped) since it is easier to manage my collection with it. It also rips quite fast, I got nearly my whole CD collection ripped to ALAC in 2 days.

Thanks for the info. I would really love to stick with iTunes since I have a lot of CD's already in Apple Lossless, but not at the expensive of sound quality.

It seems like many people are championing Foobar/EAC as the best thing out there, yet one can find very few who have done serious A-B comparisons bet. iTunes and Foobar.

iTunes also seems to tag tracks well. Does Flac tag the title/artist/album info well?

Nov 28, 2004 at 6:01 AM Post #17 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepkyng
um...black flag?

apple lossless is great... if you have an ipod and aren't a gadgethead (i guess that's no one here!)

Yeah, there is Black Flag (awesome IMO) but there is also
White Flag as well. Then there's Anti-Flag ...

...Confusing isn't it?
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back