Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Nov 9, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #961 of 1,413
Sometimes it's good to treat yourself. Black Arts 1994, one of the best I've ever tasted.
IMG_1045.jpg

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #963 of 1,413
Haha can't believe it's taken me years to find this thread - for me whisky and music go together like peas and carrots - in my 'music room' I have my small collection close at hand. My personal preference tends towards the peatier whiskies however latelly I am coming to appreciate the less peatier kind. Currently enjoying the Nikka 12 - I can't describe flavours (or sound) at all but it's pleasant :)

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:23 PM Post #964 of 1,413
Sometimes it's good to treat yourself. Black Arts 1994, one of the best I've ever tasted.

Is this a peaty Bruiladdich in the realms of the Octomore's or more manageable like the Port Charlotte?

I visited the Bruichladdich distillery a few years ago and it was one of the best tours I went on - everyone working there was so nice and story around the distillery is pretty cool.

And yes....you absolutley have to treat yourself.

Dec 9, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #965 of 1,413
Is this a peaty Bruiladdich in the realms of the Octomore's or more manageable like the Port Charlotte?

I visited the Bruichladdich distillery a few years ago and it was one of the best tours I went on - everyone working there was so nice and story around the distillery is pretty cool.

And yes....you absolutley have to treat yourself.
The Black Arts is not peaty. It has some nice smoke but none of the heavy Islay peat.

Dec 9, 2019 at 11:32 PM Post #966 of 1,413
Bruichladdich night.
And I agree with Kenji1066, great distillery and tour. Bottled my very own Port Charlotte there.

In this batch below... the MRC: 01 was my favorite (at least on this night... :wink:

Peat.jpg

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #968 of 1,413
Bruichladdich night.
And I agree with Kenji1066, great distillery and tour. Bottled my very own Port Charlotte there.

In this batch below... the MRC: 01 was my favorite (at least on this night... :wink:

Glorious! Are you like me where you generally can't drink the last 2 inches of any bottle? - ''just saving it for that special occassion"

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #969 of 1,413
Glorious! Are you like me where you generally can't drink the last 2 inches of any bottle? - ''just saving it for that special occassion"

Hahahaha...
Not really. I will definitely drink the last 2" !!! This was just a coincidence. But now that I think about it... I have quite a few with a similar amount. So maybe it's subconscious. :wink:

Dec 12, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #970 of 1,413

haha - yeah, sometimes. I have a few bottles I want to keep the last dram for that "special occasion". I really should just finish them, but...

You guys have deep pockets! Enjoy your drams!

Dec 12, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #972 of 1,413
delwhinney 15 keeps me from finishing the expensive stuff. Use the same method with my wine cellar.

wow what a cellar i have a friend like that as well. I focus on 4-5 premium scotches, coincidently he doesn't have any of mine.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #973 of 1,413
Dec 12, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #974 of 1,413
Picked up a bottle of dalmore king Edward 3, took a pass at 25 yr old dalmore king Edward at several g’s. Wow tho it’s supposed to be the best of the best. Picked up the last bottle of crown royal special reserve rare tho.

Dec 12, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #975 of 1,413
I just have to post this image, from a friend in Amherst MA who sent me a photo of his personal scotch collection. I will go visit some day.

If you can post his address and times when he isn't home, that would be appreciated.

OMG!!! :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back