Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi
Feb 26, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #466 of 1,413
  Love me some whiskey. I really love the peaty, smokey tones of the Islay region,anything from the Laphroaig range just gets me all excited.

Um, yeah...

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #468 of 1,413
^ +1 on Islays, have never tried Japanese Whiskey, something to explore, thanks!

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #471 of 1,413
Incase anyone is curious about what I do for a living. I run a retail specialty wine and whisk(e)y store. We also have a killer restaurant and craft bar. This was the tasting I hosted for my VIP cusotmers over the weekend. Among the whisk(e)y, my chef paired house cured meats (my favorite was the spicy pepperoni) and Fernet and Creme Yvette infused Chocolate Mousse.

Chieftan's Littlemill 22 Year, Lowland, Triple Distilled
Exclusive Malts Glencadam 22 Year (Cask Strength)
Glenfiddich Age of Discovery 19 Year
Glenfarclas 21 Year
Glengoyne 21 Year
Balvenie 17 Year Peated Cask
Buffalo Trace Experimental 15yr Extended Stave Cure
Elijah Craig 23 Year
Bunnahabhain 33 Year

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #472 of 1,413
Incase anyone is curious about what I do for a living. I run a retail specialty wine and whisk(e)y store. We also have a killer restaurant and craft bar. This was the tasting I hosted for my VIP cusotmers over the weekend. Among the whisk(e)y, my chef paired house cured meats (my favorite was the spicy pepperoni) and Fernet and Creme Yvette infused Chocolate Mousse.

Chieftan's Littlemill 22 Year, Lowland, Triple Distilled
Exclusive Malts Glencadam 22 Year (Cask Strength)
Glenfiddich Age of Discovery 19 Year
Glenfarclas 21 Year
Glengoyne 21 Year
Balvenie 17 Year Peated Cask
Buffalo Trace Experimental 15yr Extended Stave Cure
Elijah Craig 23 Year
Bunnahabhain 33 Year

Wow what a great line of fine spirits. I hope your VIP celebration was a great success..
P.s The Chieftain's Littlemill 22 year, Lowland, Triple Distilled sounds like God's milk.:)

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:57 PM Post #474 of 1,413
Single Malt Scotch:

Glendronach.

Capital "A"Awesome! :tongue_smile:

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #475 of 1,413
Mar 2, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #476 of 1,413
I need to try some, never tried Glendronach.

It's a bit tough to get, but it's in most major markets. If Remy Martin brandys are in your state, then theoretically, you should be able to procure a bottle...

Glendronach is the main source to Teacher's, known as the Highland Cream... fitting name for Glendronach as it drinks like honey and warm milk. :beerchug:

Mar 5, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #478 of 1,413
  Caol Ila 'Moch' - lighter than the standard version, but still smoky. Very nice, and marked down at my local Waitrose to only £2 more than own brand.

I have an unopened bottle waiting for me...will probably break the seal this weekend.  Sounds like a pretty good chance I am going to like it.

Mar 6, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #479 of 1,413
I have an unopened bottle waiting for me...will probably break the seal this weekend.  Sounds like a pretty good chance I am going to like it.

Open it!
:tongue_smile:

Mar 8, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #480 of 1,413
Open it!
tongue_smile.gif

Well, if you insist. 
wink.gif

Just opened the bottle (of Caol Ila Moch) and am enjoying a dram right now.  

I don't want to draw any definitive conclusions yet as, in my experience, the first pour isn't always indicative of the rest of the bottle.
But so far, I quite like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back