Which would you choose for work. Igrados or sr60's?
Feb 11, 2008 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

headphonejunkie

1000+ Head-Fier
I am thinking of getting some work phones and want the best sound and bang for the buck.I will be mostly using my computer and ipod for a source.

Feb 11, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 10
I guess that depends on how portable you'll need them to be. The iGrados are a little darker in their sound have a little more bass energy than the SR-60s but the soundstage is a bit compressed. They both have about the same comfort level....the iGrados take a week or two to adjust to the size of your head. But with the SR-60s, you can add bowls to them and come pretty close to the SR-80 sound. The one nice thing about the iGrados is that they're ultra portable...so you can use them when walking around or exercising without dealing with that thick cord.

Feb 11, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 10
I am finding that my 325's are not going to be good work phones because I need my soha at least for them.My ipod or the computer at work does not drive them very well. So, I guess I want something that can still give me that sound without any amps.I suppose that igrados could be used when I workout too. So, maybe they would be the better choice.

Feb 11, 2008 at 4:40 PM Post #4 of 10
I think the SR-60's would be more comfy over the course of the day.

The iGrado's would be more versitile.

Overall, I think that grado's are great for work because they are easily driven and extremely open (so you can hear when people need you).

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #5 of 10
I had both (SR-60 for over a year; iGrados for a week or so) for my work. The biggest issue for me was fit, neither of which actually worked for me in the end.

SR-60: fairly comfortable, although after a while, my ears hurt with stock comfies. Bigger issue for me was that whenever I would turn my head or look down at papers on my desk, the headphones would slide down my head. I'd make adjustments to put more pressure on ears, but that made ears hurt more. Opposite resulted in more sliding and worse headphone hair.

iGrados: I hoped these would eliminate the above issues. They did for the most part, but unfortunately, my head was too large and iGrados hurt too much to mess with.

So the questions to ask yourself are: Do you think you'll move your head a good deal during your typical day? And do you have a large-ish head?

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by lim(x->0) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grado's might leak too much sound for your neighboring co-workers. Unless you have your own office.

That was my first thought. When I had to decide between my HD555 and SR60 for work, I had to go with the Senns because of the leakage factor on the Grados. I'd love to use both at work but the Grados just leak way too much and I am in a cube with three other folks.

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #9 of 10
I would recommend the SR60 over the igrado based on my experience on their comfort. I have the igrado, it's a good sounding phone for workout but sadly, it gives me a headache after I wear it for >30mins.

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by headphonejunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am finding that my 325's are not going to be good work phones because I need my soha at least for them.My ipod or the computer at work does not drive them very well.

Somehow I cannot imagine the iGrado or SR60 sounding better.
IMO an SR325i unamped sounds much better than an SR60 . . . even when amped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back