Which Woo for Senn HD650s? WA6 or WA+3?
Jul 25, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by skaelin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the heads-up! But it's black and I really want silver though. I know, pretty stupid, huh?

Ask youself, Is silver worth $200 and a month wait?

Jul 25, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #17 of 21
In regard to the 3+ being able to drive HD 650's, I owned a 3+ and it had no problem what-so-ever driving 580's/600's/650's. IMO Senn 580's/600's/650's and the 3+ were made for each other.

Jul 25, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #18 of 21
id say dont get the one in the for sale forum, you're going to want the power supply upgrade, it makes a big difference. if you would to get that one and then decide you want the upgrade you'd then need to ship it back and forth across the country, which would take some time and cut into your savings...just hold out for your ideal setup it'll be worth it, no need to rush.

Jul 25, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #19 of 21
Well, with all the recommendations for Woo's upper-end models, I decided to scale things down for this purchase and save my money for a WA22 next year. I already have a PS Audio DL III DAC with balanced outputs so with the WA22, I'll have a completely balanced system from source to cans. As an interim solution, I bought a Millet MiniMax from a fellow headfier at 3:00AM this morning. It was a lot less money. Hopefully, it will keep me satisfied for the next six months or so before getting the he-man rig. I've always wanted to try the MiniMax so the purchase made sense to me. When I get the Big-Woo, I'll stick the Millet in a secondary system.

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #21 of 21
As to poster who said the WA3 would not drive an HD650, you don't know what you are talking about or you are deaf.

As to the WA6 for sale, it says the headphone jack wobbles and needs to be super glued. Run Forrest, run! My WA3 jack is solid as a rock as I would expect it to be. If there was any wobble or looseness in it as new from Woo, it should have gone back. There is no way JacK Woo told that guy that this was normal.

That is what I hate about this place, is all the second guessing, postulating and just out and out bad information that gets passed off as advice. It's getting to the point I don't believe a damn thing 99% of the posters here say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back