Which Woo for High End system
Nov 17, 2012 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

malky

New Head-Fier
I am in the process of selling off my amps and speakers from a high end system and spending the proceeds on hopefully a very high end headphone system. The reason for this is due to my changed circumstances and moving to a much smaller dwelling, that will not house my present system(without going into too much detail).
I will therefore be in a position to afford either Woo WA5 LE or WA22, with many of the upgrades Woo suggests.
I already have Senns HD 800 and HD 650 and may try others in future such as Grado GS 1000. I am running a Mapletree HD Super Plus II at the moment.
It has taken many years to build up my system to what it is today, and so I feel that the purchase of the best from my sales is justified as no extra money will have to be spent.
So I am looking for any views and advice on the above, would the WA5 pay dividends over the WA22.
My front end is vinyl ..Inspire Eclipse with SME M 12 R Audio Technica 33EV cartridge, also Musical Fidelity Nu Vista CD player, I also use Nakamichi CR7 and RX 505 Cassette decks as I believe in keeping analog in its pure form, and using CD for new modern material.
I live in Manchester England, we dont have meets to try amps etc. over here so some degree of chance has to be taken, also very limited in Headphone Amp manufacturers.
Malky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back