Which upgrade is more worthwhile?
Sep 14, 2004 at 11:42 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
I'd say hold out about a month until some more reviews of the er6i appear. I say this because it seems that every new headphone is praised at first and then criticized later. It happened with the eggos, it happened with the e3s, and I'm betting that it'll happen with the er6i too.

I can do that. The ER6i's were designed for the iPod, right? The Karma is supposed to have many of the same chips in it.

Sep 14, 2004 at 5:44 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
My friend is buying the 6i soon, so hopefully I'll be able to give them a try and see for myself how it stacks up against the E3. I wonder if they'll make me disappointed with my E5s?

people here have been saying the highs on the er6i's don't sparkle as much as the er6 or er-4p. if this is truly the case then you should be ok. but if the er-6i's do sparkle more than the e5's, and i would bet they do, then as i have warned you before onion, you might set yourself up to perceive a new dissatisfying trait of the e5 sound.

that's what happened to me, and we all know what that led to...

Sep 14, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #18 of 19
Well, I just decided to send back a pair of eggos I recently purchased and placed an order for the er6i. I also have a karma and only recently parted with the e3 (should have kept those!). I'll be your guinea pig and let you know how it sounds.

Sep 14, 2004 at 9:55 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Well, I just decided to send back a pair of eggos I recently purchased and placed an order for the er6i. I also have a karma and only recently parted with the e3 (should have kept those!). I'll be your guinea pig and let you know how it sounds.

Thank you very much.

Better your wallet than mine
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back