which train station to use to get into NYC?
Feb 15, 2008 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Konig

1000+ Head-Fier
Im going to woodbury premium outlet in central valley, NY saturday for shopping before heading to NYC at around 8-9pm saturday. After the last car trip into NYC, i desperately want to avoid the dreadful experience of having to navigate my car in a sea of humans again. I will be leaving NYC on sunday night and head for Greenwich, Connecticut to visit my relatives.

So, is there a way to find out the most appropriate train station to use to get into NYC's grand central station so i can cut down on time traveled? Minimal transfer between trains and abundant parking space is appreciated.

Feb 16, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 7
do trains even go to woodbury?

Feb 16, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 7
Metro-North Railroad lines go into Grand Central Station (exactly mid-town). The "New Haven" line goes thru Greenwich, so that's how you'll get there from NYC. Not sure which line goes from Woodbury to Grand Central though ("Harlem" or "Hudson" lines?).

Check MTA's website for schedule & station locations.

Amtrak goes to Penn Station (Times Square, toward the West side, not that far from GC). Amtrak trains are nicer than Metro-North's, but I don't think Amtrak will take you where you want.

Feb 16, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Metro-North Railroad lines go into Grand Central Station (exactly mid-town). The "New Haven" line goes thru Greenwich, so that's how you'll get there from NYC. Not sure which line goes from Woodbury to Grand Central though ("Harlem" or "Hudson" lines?).

Check MTA's website for schedule & station locations.

Amtrak goes to Penn Station (Times Square, toward the West side, not that far from GC). Amtrak trains are nicer than Metro-North's, but I don't think Amtrak will take you where you want.

I don't think you get what he's saying...

He wants to go from upstate to GC to CT. I think he knows to take MTA to CT, but doesn't know how to go from upstate to NYC.

Or maybe I misunderstood.

Feb 16, 2008 at 4:05 AM Post #6 of 7
The closet thing to get you to Grand Central from where you are in Central Valley is to cross the Hudson and get on the Metro North in someplace like Peekskill.

This may help: MTA Metro-North Railroad

Feb 17, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 7
thanks ALOT!!

i think i will just take a slight detour a spend the night in jersey city before taking subway into NYC....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back