which top tier iems can produce decent sub bass rumble?
Aug 29, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #31 of 48
The Key is its imaging is superb. I don't really see it as a major problem but I do still like having the ability to turn the volume higher.

Aug 29, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #32 of 48
It'd be nice to see how the 3.Ai compares to all of these. :p  The price is actually pretty fair and they apparently have some pretty nice sub-bass presence...I'd probably get them if I had the money.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #33 of 48
Out of all the IEM's I have tried the Aurosonics ASG-1 v1.2 have the biggest bass rumble. 

This is out of - Shure SE310, Westone 3's, Westone 2's, UE TF10... probably forgetting a few others but yeah, the bass rumble is insane, especially for techno. 

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #35 of 48
+1 for Aurisonics ASG-1 (1.2 revision - current). 

Another idea might be something like the Senn IE8/80s or Westone 3s.  I haven't heard either, but they seem to be pretty strong bass-wise by reviewers and objective data alike. 

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #37 of 48
Quote:
+1 for Aurisonics ASG-1 (1.2 revision - current). 

Another idea might be something like the Senn IE8/80s or Westone 3s.  I haven't heard either, but they seem to be pretty strong bass-wise by reviewers and objective data alike. 

Westone 3's are great FWIW, but unlike the ASG-1's they are very present in the High's and Mids so the bass doesn't overpower them like it does in the ASG-1 v1.2. 

Actually I wouldn't say the bass overpowers on the ASG-1 v1.2's but it's just not as detailed as the Westones and the High + Mids just aren't as present either. 

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:37 AM Post #40 of 48
Quote:
w3 has anything but sub bass. but it has a huge midbass hump, which i hate.

sofastremer if you are looking for some serious bass for say music like rap,hip-hop, and Dub-step I'd say the FX700s are your best bet. The IE80s will also be a great choice due to them being more balanced (mid range is more upfront and bass is more controlled at higher volumes). Treble is also smooth and easier on the ears for longer listening sessions. You can also upgrade the cable to silver cable to further improve the sound. Since you are in Germany it would probably be the cheapest alternative as well. I'm sure you can get the IE80s for around $300.00 or maybe even less in Germany.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #43 of 48
JVC FXD80 produces clean sub-bass with ample rumble. I would consider it top tier especially if the FX700 is being included. The FXD80, while still v-shaped, has it dialed down to a more sane level.

Sep 17, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #44 of 48
Heir Audio 3.Ai has a nice rumble to them :p  It's not a thicker, solid rumble like the ASG though...  More of a fluid one with some power.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back