Which to upgrade first?
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mannaburn

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I would like your opinion on upgrading my setup. I currently have a Fiio D3, a Schiit Lyr and an AKG K701. I plan to get the Schiit Bifrost as a DAC and LCD-2 cans. Due to financial issues, I can only buy one of these at a time. Should I get the DAC first because that is most likely the weakest part of my system or should I go for the LCD 2 and get the DAC 6 months later? Thanks in advance for your help!

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #3 of 6
Well I was thinking, a $30 DAC wouldnt do the lcd 2 justice. I like how the K701 sounds but i cant help but feel that i want more! I just want better sound. Would the bifrost improve the sq to a noticable degree? Or should i just leave the D3 and get the lcd 2

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 6
i would buy the dac first, and see how the 701 would improve, and explore its sonic limits for my own satisfaction.
meanwhile, i standby for the big fall in price on the LCD2 6months down the road.
ya, i am expecting an economis downturn, and u can pick up a LCD from the pawnshop...perhaps.
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #6 of 6
Well getting an LCD-2 would be a lot more significant change than getting the DAC. It's a completely different headphone with a considerably different sound signature, whereas the DAC will bring improvement to the K702 but it's not like it's going to sound a whole lot different than it does now. Up to you which you prefer! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back